Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 09:47 AM

Author Topic: Should Higher Series Drivers Be Allowed in Lower Series?  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Charley Berner

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
  • ADRL Founding Member
    • RealRacersInc
Re: Should Higher Series Drivers Be Allowed in Lower Series?
« Reply #10 on: 12/07/09, 09:50 PM »
It's Really unfiar to up coming Drivers though!

They cant get the Spotlights because Kyle, Carl, Denny, Harvick and more steal them!

I would love to watch some NWS and CWTS With out Cup Drivers! Just to see Who's Got Talent!
RealRacersInc Expert!
Come Visit us at:
www.RealRacersinc.com
American Drag Racing League(Racer and Founding Member)
Come Visit us at:
American Drag Racing League Official Site

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #11 on: 12/08/09, 12:28 PM »
One very simple solution, spread the series apart.  Schedule cup happy hour during that nationwide Milwaukee race in June and take Nationwide to tracks cup doesn't race on.  Pair it up with IRL and give the open wheelers a chance to run some NASCAR races to get their feet wet. 

But who can argue with a sponsor paying B league price for an A league name?  Such as Z Line and kyle Busch.
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline nascarfreak88

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
« Reply #12 on: 12/08/09, 08:07 PM »
As far as what I would like is NO cup drivers in the Nationwide or the truck series because the younger talant can not prove them seleve with the cup guy's winning every time they are on the track plus the cup guy's get all the tv air time. The only time Nationwide driver gets air time is when they wreck or get recked.

As far as Aflac99 not going to argue with you but when the Nationwide was the Bush series the cup guy's only ran on avg. of 15 races a season. The Nationwide series use to be one of the best sreies of racing every week there was a different winner now 99% of the winners are cup drivers. One other thing is if cup teams are running thee Nationwide series put a younger driver in your car and earn you sponcers not by them like they do.

Imo I think nascar should put there foot down and say no cup guy's in either of the other series unless a team driver is injured or taken ill and let the Nationwide series come back to the 90's younger drivers and younger talent and the cup guy's ran even to the Bush teams. Can't say much on the truck side because that series because they are what nascar needs to be COMPETIVE not 5 drivers winning 95% of the year.

You hit the nail on the head. That is just what I was thinking.

NintendoBoy

« Reply #13 on: 12/26/09, 04:38 PM »
Yes but only for a limited schedule.

Offline nascar9fan12

• Jackman
  • Coolness: -7
« Reply #14 on: 01/01/10, 04:04 AM »
Yes. Limited/Part Time Schedule. No Points.

Malachi69

« Reply #15 on: 01/01/10, 08:58 AM »
i agree with you nascar9fan12 but don't you think it's giving some of the new up and coming drivers some real cup competition?

Offline swingeasy

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 13
  • I've had a bad day !!!!
« Reply #16 on: 01/01/10, 12:21 PM »
No!!!!  Cup drivers have supposedly earned their rides in Cup racing, now let some of the newer drivers earn their way up.
NASCAR 2003, DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING MORE!!!!!

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!!