Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
04/08/20, 09:56 PM

Author Topic: Looking for tracks...  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Robert Liedel

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 4
Looking for tracks...
« on: 11/19/09, 10:02 AM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for a few Indiana tracks to put together a CRA season.  I'm looking for Anderson, Angola, and Plymouth and can't find them anywhere.  Does anyone know if they're being worked on or if they're completed somewhere and I just can't find them?  Thanks to anyone who can help and to everyone who keeps this great game going.
Go big or go home!

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 74
Re: Looking for tracks...
« Reply #1 on: 11/19/09, 10:59 AM »
I wish!  The largest list of tracks I know of is here:

http://www.nr2k3tracks.com/n2k3short.html

Anderson would be great.  There are probably tracks that are close that you could substitute.  Now if someone would just make Mt. Lawn.......

Offline Robert Liedel

• Crew Chief
« Reply #2 on: 11/19/09, 01:10 PM »
Been to nr2k3tracks.com looking.  Just wondering if someone is working on these tracks.
Go big or go home!

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
    • For all your custom Graphic and Decals Needs
« Reply #3 on: 11/22/09, 10:28 AM »
I was given Angola by some annonymous person. It's a very good track, However it is too big, It's closer to a half-mile than the small 3/8th's it really is. If someone would like to try and edit it, Please let me know. I dont have the programs to fix it or I'd try.

As for Anderson, Plymouth - Have not heard of anyone trying to make these. Would Be great!!!

Offline robo19

• Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: 11/22/09, 11:40 AM »
Those tracks are not made as of yet. And I don't believe there are any track makers that are interested in tackling any of the Indiana tracks, so I doubt any of them are in the process at this time either. I am dedicated to making Michigan's short tracks, but I would love to see some Indiana tracks, so who knows...

I had the Angola beta track at one time, too. It was too big and it was only a beta, so there was none of the Angola characteristics installed in it yet. I am somewhat interested in making Angola, I just haven't spent the time to search for enough photos to build it.

I looked into creating Anderson a while back, but it's such a tight little bullring that I think I would run into many AI issues with it. Also, the biggest turn off for making it would be trying to locate where to put pit road. It also would require making many new custom track side objects. A project like Anderson would probably take me a good year or so to complete, so I decided against it.

Plymouth.... well I have looked into this one for the past couple days and I would have to say that it would be a really good possibility that I might build it. There isn't a lot of eye candy that I would have to make and the layout looks very simple. Only issue is that I haven't found any information on banking.

Offline Robert Liedel

• Crew Chief
« Reply #5 on: 11/22/09, 07:50 PM »
Sounds great robo!  I'm glad to hear that your still working on tracks and especially the Michigan ones.  What project are you working on right now?  Can't wait to see some screenshots!
Go big or go home!

Offline Steve Wright

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 10
« Reply #6 on: 11/22/09, 09:15 PM »
Man Anderson would be awesome as I was there for a ASA race once back in the 80's.  When they entered pit road they would enter in turn two and exit in turn one the other cars would enter in turn four and exit in turn three.

Sure wish this track could be considered sometime.

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 74
« Reply #7 on: 11/22/09, 09:58 PM »
How about New Paris?  That's ALMOST in Michigan!  N'yuk!

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
    • For all your custom Graphic and Decals Needs
« Reply #8 on: 11/30/09, 07:59 PM »
I will try to dig up info on Plymouth if you'd like to pursue. I am also looking for info on South Bend Motor Speedway and New Paris as well for anyone who may want to try to make these. I might be interested in making them if no one else wants to but, I am an extreme Noob when it comes to the tracks, and would be asking a million questions.
 Let me know and I'll get what I can,
 Thanks
 Russ Miller

Offline l_sciacca_18

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 3
  • "Dirts for Growing Corn" - Donnie "ZERO" Hill
« Reply #9 on: 12/25/09, 06:44 PM »
so is there a place to get angola?
Main Event Racing Series #0 Donnie "Zero" Hill