Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/16/19, 07:21 AM

Author Topic: ***SPOILER*** Can that kid finish a race without...  (Read 8238 times)

Offline crompe23

• Jackman
  • Coolness: -6
Re: ***SPOILER*** Can that kid finish a race without...
« Reply #20 on: 11/01/09, 08:57 PM »
just saying kesolowski was pushing busch but wat spun the 2 was vickers hitting keslowski into the 2

Offline cdoucette

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 4
« Reply #21 on: 11/01/09, 09:09 PM »
I agree with what they were saying on NASCAR Victory Lane, about having too many rules at the Superspeedways, they should not be telling the drivers how to race at cloe to 200mph when the drivers know what to do even though no matter what theres going to be "The Big One". As for the Keslowski incedent, a couple of things happened there, Vickers bump Brad, Brad bumps Kurt and like Robert said Busch already had damage to the back end and right rear quarter.... so really just another racing deal at TALLADEGA where shit like that happens every race.
Curtis Doucette

Offline ShiftNOS18

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 2
    • Shift's Cup90 Offline Series
« Reply #22 on: 11/01/09, 09:51 PM »
I saw Kes trying to pull a cross over and clipped Kurt... more of a result of him being overaggressive than Kurt's damage... heck Johnson was bump drafting Kurt and there was no issues... granted it was time to go, but he hasn't been able to finish a race without destroying some cars lately...

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #23 on: 11/01/09, 10:29 PM »
Ya but if this was Dale sr. doing it everyone would like oh it was just hard racing no big deal. ::)
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline ShiftNOS18

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 2
    • Shift's Cup90 Offline Series
« Reply #24 on: 11/01/09, 11:07 PM »
not everyone...

Offline Brian Roberts

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 8
« Reply #25 on: 11/02/09, 07:11 AM »
There is a whole bunch of reasons why we see these big wrecks at Daytona & Taladega every time they run there.  Restrictor plate is one big reason, the cars can't get separated and we get 20-30 car wrecks rather than 5-6 car wrecks.  Another big one is the drop in the age of the drivers in the last 10-15 years, in the 80's and early 90's it was pretty rare to see a cup driver under 35 years old in a good car.  Now the top cars are full of aggressive kids in their early 20's who don't have the patience to wait for an opening, they try to make one, and lack the experience and wisdom to realize what can happen when you do try to force things.  If only we could put 43 Mark Martins, Darryl Waltrips, and Terry Labontes on the track we wouldn't have all these big wrecks.
He got a tattoo on his arm that say "Baby" He got another one that just say "Hey" And every Sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon in a 57 Chevrolet

Offline bamanut28

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #26 on: 11/02/09, 09:41 AM »
the only way to fix Tally and Day is to not race there period.. the tracks are too big and too fast (without plates) and its only been luck that a car hasnt flown into the crowd yet.. The wing needs to be on a hinge so when the car turns around the hinge breaks and the wing flips forward to spoil the lifting affect.. I like to see crashes every once in a while but not when its the same kid causing them over and over.. Crashes are a part of racing I know Ive been on my roof before..
I agree if you watch the replay Brad didnt hit Kurt square and hooked him thats what sent him towards the outside 1st then Kurt turned it back down in front of the field just trying to save it..
I also agree NASCAR is 10x better than back in the 80s the racing back then you had 4-5 cars that could win each week now we have 20-25 everyweek and at tally or Day you have 35+.. I would not waste my time it was still like it was.. Hell even now I record them and watch most of it in fast forward.. The races need to be shortened to about 60% of what they are now in cup and nnws and run the NNWS and Cup on the same day to make it worth the money of the ticket..

Offline Don Colbath III

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 7
« Reply #27 on: 11/02/09, 10:28 AM »
83 bumped the 09 which pushed him into the 2.

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #28 on: 11/02/09, 10:56 AM »
Well I don't care what you say Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip, DE Sr, David Pearson, Buddy Baker, Richard Petty, Benny Parsons, Neil Bonnett, Tim Richmond and on and on and on! And who can forget the man from Georgia who holds the qualifying speed record in NASCAR, Awesome Bill from Dawsonville? They run circles around the crop we got now!

Offline cdoucette

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 4
« Reply #29 on: 11/02/09, 11:36 AM »
Why should they stop going to the Superspeedways? The Daytona 500 is the biggest race of the year in NASCAR, and the other 3 SS races are ones fans and drivers circle on the calenders. Yes the speeds are insane even with the restrictor plates so there not much they can do about that. With the cars flipping though, well like everyone has stated that wing is a big part of the reason for it, some people laming the restrictor plate because it keeps the cars grouped together, well without it we'd see cars doing well over 200mph which would make it even more likely a car would take flight so I say keep the plates, do something with the wings to help keep the car on the ground and LOS THOSE DAMN RULES AND LET THE DRIVERS RACE. If that happens then we might see much better racing at these tracks because the drivers can try and drive with respect and move around instead of havin nowhere to go like they do now.
Curtis Doucette