Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/14/19, 04:04 AM

Author Topic: Dirt Track Dust  (Read 3190 times)

Junior

Dirt Track Dust
« on: 10/29/09, 08:24 PM »
Some dirt tracks that I downloaded has so much dust that you can't see. Example is Limaland dirt track and Augusta 63. Is there a way in the config file to change the amount of dust the track has? Thanks

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
Re: Dirt Track Dust
« Reply #1 on: 10/29/09, 08:29 PM »
No, it's the way the track is created that has more or less dust... The tracks with a lot of dust actually use the dirt surface in the track, and the ones that don't have as much dust use the grass surface with a 'dirt' texture applied to it. The result is a slippery surface that looks like dirt, but doesn't make any dust. Then they alternate between a dirt surface and a grass surface to make the dust show up every once in a while.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Junior

« Reply #2 on: 10/29/09, 08:34 PM »
Hey thanks Robert. You saved me a lot of time in the config file. Can't wait til your dirt mod comes out.

Regards

Lamar Wright

cam5

« Reply #3 on: 10/29/09, 08:36 PM »
Some dirt tracks that I downloaded has so much dust that you can't see. Example is Limaland dirt track and Augusta 63. Is there a way in the config file to change the amount of dust the track has? Thanks

If you go into options, then the graphics tab and uncheck the debris and particles the dust will be gone.
thats the only way I was able to run at those tracks. Other that it's like Robert said.

Junior

« Reply #4 on: 10/29/09, 08:43 PM »
Thanks Cam5, I'll give it a try!!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #5 on: 10/29/09, 09:04 PM »

If you go into options, then the graphics tab and uncheck the debris and particles the dust will be gone.
thats the only way I was able to run at those tracks. Other that it's like Robert said.

Good tip! I forgot all about that!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

WillG

« Reply #6 on: 11/01/09, 11:06 PM »
I love to do 100 lap endurance races at Augusta 1963. lol.