Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/17/19, 07:29 AM

Author Topic: Outlaw Super Late Models  (Read 7834 times)

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
Re: Outlaw Super Late Models
« Reply #10 on: 10/06/09, 10:58 AM »
The problem is the purse right now and the impending announcement from Mansfield (if it ever happens).  But I want atleast one special show for them.  You coming out this weekend?
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
« Reply #11 on: 10/06/09, 12:36 PM »
Jim, I plan on being there both days. I will make sure to look for you.

Nick, If you mean Midvale's weekly division, it is actually the next step down from the Main Event guys. I am not a tech guy but there are small differences between the two. All in all, I would be happy if my track brought those back though.
Matt Finney

Nick1120

« Reply #12 on: 10/06/09, 05:08 PM »
Jim, I plan on being there both days. I will make sure to look for you.

Nick, If you mean Midvale's weekly division, it is actually the next step down from the Main Event guys. I am not a tech guy but there are small differences between the two. All in all, I would be happy if my track brought those back though.

i didnt know there was a difference between them at all other than thier weight for the rules of the series. i know the main event guys are a step up but i see VERY little difference in the cars. I would ask Mike Miller if i could, hes done main event races, and he finished second in Midvales points by only 7 points this year. My dad bought the house wwere living in from Mike Miller, and is good buds with him so we probably even have his number somewhere if he hasnt changed it within the last couple years. I doubt i would ever call him, but still id like to know the difference between Midvales cars and main events cars...

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
« Reply #13 on: 10/06/09, 05:37 PM »
The reason it is so confusing is because they are often the exact same cars. The only place you will see a difference is in lap times. At Midvale, you are looking at a difference of about .5 seconds. The bigger the track, the bigger the gap gets.
Matt Finney

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #14 on: 10/06/09, 05:52 PM »
I think Main Event cars are 4bbl while Late Models are 2bbl carbs.  Midvale runs Goodyear "Hockey Pucks" (tires) while I believe the Main Event runs Hoosiers (must softer rubber compound).  Main Event might allow 10 inch wheels, while the local tracks allow 8 or 9 inch tires.  There is a weight difference in the two in most circumstances. 

In fact, Rich Rohrer was a regular around here not too long ago and John Sandquist's son/brother (depending if you are talking about Sr or Jr.) was around as well.  They would know the difference better than me. 
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline ver

• Jackman
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #15 on: 10/08/09, 10:36 AM »
Go to this link for MERS rules, just click on series info and then on rules.
http://www.maineventracingseries.com/  

This link is for midvale's rules.  
http://www.midvalespeedway.com/rules/LateModelRules.pdf  

Midvale was a fun place to race, until the current owner took over, he brought a few of his sidekicks in and the rest is history.  I haven't raced there in 3 years.

Nick1120

« Reply #16 on: 10/08/09, 04:32 PM »
Whats your name? what class did you run? pm me please

Offline Mark Johnson

• Jackman
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #17 on: 10/08/09, 08:35 PM »
i think the 2 biggest differences between the MERS and the Midvale Lates are. 4 vs 2 BBL. carbs and wheel base. Unless its changed and it could have......i left the area over 6 years ago....... that was the difference.  And the MERS use to run Traction Control, but stopped about 5 or 6 years ago.

Offline DLC1

• Jackman
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #18 on: 10/31/09, 08:30 AM »
As an owner of Main Event Series car I can help you on the difference:

MERS: 102" wheelbase, 4bbl. carb, 2700lbs., Hoosier 3035left and 3045 right tires

Midvale: 104' wheelbase, 2bbl. carb, 2800lbs., Goodyear tires

I have recently talked with Chris Tolloty and he plans on having a schedule ready by the time of the Canton swap meet in november for 2010.

Berlin has dropped the slm as a weekly class, but will have them for at least 2 dates through GLLatemodel Series.

The GLLatemodel Series plans on 10 to 12 events will come as far south as Toledo, has no plans of invading Chris's area with the MERS.

Just filling the void up North with more tracks dropping these guy's weekly.

Even Kalamazoo is taking a serious look at the GLLatemodel Series and dropping them weekly. This is a track that is getting great car counts for weekly slm's.

Economy is tough right now, were struggling trying to get sponsors for us to race.

To have a chance with the MERS Series you have to almost buy 2 sets of tires for each event. Use your old tires from the previous race at the  new track for a hot lap session, a new set for your best set up and another new set to qualify and race on.

Car counts were up this year per event and that's a good sign for the Series, but also shows tracks are dropping them.

It's great that Carter Lumber has been with the Series as there primary sponsor for all these years, but it would sure be nice if they could include our cars in there commercials or foot the bill maybe to bring us cable TV coverage.

If we could get that like the dirt guy's have, we would really have ourselves an awesome series.

In the meantime, all you guy's doing renderings of our cars, keep up the great work.

Some of us are trying to use these renderings to help show a potential sponsor what there car would look like. It does help us get in the door.