Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/17/19, 11:55 AM

Author Topic: Outlaw Super Late Models  (Read 7835 times)

TomShanK

Outlaw Super Late Models
« on: 10/03/09, 03:44 PM »
Hey guys, I'm kind of new to the website, but not new to racing in general.  I saw a couples posts with Super Late Model render requests, paint requests, and I recognized a few New paris cars and thought you guys might be interested in this:

This month's issue of Circle Track magazine's main article was on the Outlaw Super Lates, with Jackie Landis and another driver on the cover.   Just thought this was pretty cool if you guys haven't seen it, go grab an issue.

- Tom Wetmore
Rapidtec Racing

PS: Has anyone done Jackie or Scott Hantz's car yet?

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
Re: Outlaw Super Late Models
« Reply #1 on: 10/05/09, 11:59 AM »
PS: Has anyone done Jackie or Scott Hantz's car yet?

Both are done but not posted. They are both a part of a carset that I can't quite complete. I am waiting for the last few big Super Late Model races to finish up and if I still can't complete the sets, I will post them individually.

Also, I saw that there will be a new Outlaw SLM series next year based out of MI. They want to run Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. No Ohio tracks run them as a part of their weekly programs, but I know most Michigan tracks do. I wonder how these tracks feel about this.
« Last Edit: 10/05/09, 12:09 PM by Matt »
Matt Finney

TomShanK

« Reply #2 on: 10/05/09, 01:38 PM »
So, what game are these mods for; rFactor or nr03?  I need to download this stuff;  it sounds like a blast!  :D

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #3 on: 10/05/09, 02:37 PM »
Everything we do here is NR2003.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

TomShanK

« Reply #4 on: 10/05/09, 03:43 PM »
Where can I get these Super Late Models/ LMPv2 mods at?  and I thought the online community crashed w/ nr03?  that's why I went back to ASR.

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #5 on: 10/05/09, 04:50 PM »
Matt, do you have any info on that new SLM series out of Michigan?  I might be interested in booking a date for a track very close to you!
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 74
« Reply #6 on: 10/05/09, 05:22 PM »
I did see that issue of Circle Track.  The current issue of Speedway Illustrated has an article by David Stremme about his parents with some cool pics.  His dad Lou, after winning a feature in his blue outlaw, standing there with the checkered flag next to Mighty Mike Powers, who used to be the starter/lineup guy at New Paris.

You can get the Outlaw mod here at RacinGrafix in the download section.  I have painted quite a few of the New Paris Outlaws, and am finishing up a few to post as a set.

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
« Reply #7 on: 10/05/09, 05:58 PM »
Jim, the series is called Great Lakes Outlaw Late Model Series (not to be confused with my fictional offline series Great Lakes Challenge Series!) Here is the link.

www.gllatemodels.com

I wish that "track close to me" would get their heads out of their butts and bring back the super late models.

I am going to follow the site closely this winter because I am very interested to see how far into Ohio they try to come. I also heard a "RUMOR" that Chris Tolloty may retire and I am not sure how that would affect the Main Event Series. They say Berlin is on board and they will not be losing the Late Models as a weekly class. Should the series really take off though, who knows what could happen.
Matt Finney

TomShanK

« Reply #8 on: 10/05/09, 08:34 PM »
You can get the Outlaw mod here at RacinGrafix in the download section.  I have painted quite a few of the New Paris Outlaws, and am finishing up a few to post as a set.

Cool, should I download the CTS or GNS Physics?

Edit: It appears that my nr03 disc is fubared and won't load past the sound file at 37% and is spitting out an error: -2147024873

Ugh.
« Last Edit: 10/05/09, 08:44 PM by TomShanK »

Nick1120

« Reply #9 on: 10/05/09, 08:39 PM »
whenever i need a SLM fix, i head to midvale....