Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/14/19, 04:01 AM

Author Topic: Substitute tracks  (Read 5980 times)

Nick1120

Substitute tracks
« on: 07/13/09, 12:44 PM »
Does anybody know of good substitutions for these tracks

Angola Motor Speedway-im currently using  Kawartha Night
Midvale Speedway-im currently using  WKRT Night
Shady Bowl Speedway-im currently using  Sauble Beach Night
Columbus Motor Speedway-im currently using  Peterborough Night

Any help is appreciated!!!

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
Re: Substitute tracks
« Reply #1 on: 07/13/09, 01:42 PM »
It's all subjective beacuse none of them match exactly BUT,

Angola Motor Speedway - RiversideNS_Night (Kawartha isn't that far off either though)
Midvale Speedway - Richmond Raceway/I-25 (Richmond seems too big, I-25 too small)
Shady Bowl Speedway - There is nothing like it, but Wake County might do the trick.
Columbus Motor Speedway - I also use  Peterborough. The original Grundy County was the closest I ever saw, but I think it didn't use butter's rule because the ai didn't work right.
Matt Finney

Offline MattW

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: -8
« Reply #2 on: 07/13/09, 01:46 PM »
All this "Butter's Rule" talk, I've tried searching for the answer, but cannot find it.  What does it mean?

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
« Reply #3 on: 07/13/09, 01:50 PM »
Someone else can explain the technical stuff better, but basically NR2003 was designed for 1/2 mile tracks at minimum so the AI doesn't work right with any track smaller then that. "Butter's Rule" basically tricked the game into thinking the short tracks were 1/2 mile or bigger.
Matt Finney

Nick1120

« Reply #4 on: 07/13/09, 06:00 PM »
I actually already have Richmond Raceway but i ran around it not even thinking about midvale, is richmond eggshaped? i thot it was just a regular oval.

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
« Reply #5 on: 07/13/09, 06:43 PM »
Richmond (VA) is D shaped, Richmond Raceway is in Kentucky. It's a 3/10 mi (like midvale) dirt track, but in the game it is asphalt. I think it used to be asphalt but I really don't know much about the track.
Matt Finney

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
    • For all your custom Graphic and Decals Needs
« Reply #6 on: 07/31/09, 07:06 AM »
For Angola, I have been using Golden Sands Speedway.
and as a substitute for Plymouth Speedway i have been using Sauble Beach Canada track

Both from nr2k3tracks.com

Wish Someone would Make Angola Motor Speedway in Fremont, IN., Plymouth Speedway, in Plymouth, IN. New Paris Speedway, in New Paris, IN. and South Bend Motor Speedway in South Bend. All of those tracks are fun and fast!

Nick1120

« Reply #7 on: 07/31/09, 10:52 AM »
I agree Angola needs to be made.

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
    • For all your custom Graphic and Decals Needs
« Reply #8 on: 08/03/09, 09:17 AM »
I just got Angola Motor Speedway in my e-mail from someone, who asked to be unnamed. Can someone tell me who did the orignial track? It's in need of alot of work.
A- Track is way too long and too wide, needs to be shorter with tighter turns
B- The infield has no wall on the front stretch, that would need removed, You could do much like the creator of Baer Field
C- Track surface looks Good, but not great. that could use a little work.

I did not run against and AI, so I can't tell anything about them

It's not all bad though. The Real Pits, Grandstands, entry off of backstretch all look awesome. I would make the adjustments my self if I knew anything about track making, But I dont, I am willing to help out whoever wants to try to tackle this Because It's so close, yet so far. Please PM me if you are, or know who built this, or let me know what I need to download, and how to adjust things, and I'll give it a shot.
 Thanks

Offline Brian Roberts

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 8
« Reply #9 on: 09/24/09, 06:57 PM »
I am making a schedule for the Hooters pro-cup 2006 North season, the only track that doesn't seem to exist for N2K3 is Shenandoah Speedway, any suggestions for a sub?  I was thinking Kalamazoo, it is the right length.
He got a tattoo on his arm that say "Baby" He got another one that just say "Hey" And every Sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon in a 57 Chevrolet