Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 04:12 PM

Author Topic: Hurricane Ike  (Read 10054 times)

coloradojrfan

Re: Hurricane Ike
« Reply #30 on: 09/15/08, 03:08 PM »
Glad to hear Robert & Family are ok, not so glad about the result of the game though  :(

I wanna see some big ape grab that guy on the Steelers by the hair  :D

LOL... the Steelers just had too much DEFENSE for them....  And Big Ben was pretty well on last night....

coloradojrfan

« Reply #31 on: 09/15/08, 03:09 PM »
Well, from reports back home, the house is still in one piece with no damage... I'm in San Antonio 200 miles away in a motel.

Back in Houston, No power still, all stores are closed, and there's no gas either... They are saying could be up to 3 or 4 weeks for power, and some of the freeways are under water.

We are safe, and I'm greatful for that... but feeding an 11 month old baby bottles out of an ice bucket at the Hampton Inn is getting old already. Not to mention the $848 a week price tag it's costing us for the 2 rooms.

This was a bad storm, and we are leary of going back home yet, as they say to be ready for 2 weeks of no food or water until things get back to normal once we do get home.

We have a tough road ahead... but as I said, we are greatful we have our health and our home seems to be intact.... just trees and fences down.

Thanks for all the support guys and keeping the place running.

So happy to hear you and yours are OK and that your home was not badly damaged.  Thank God for watching over you and yours.

Be safe, and pray all will be back to normal for you all soon..

Offline Pascal

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
  • Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger
    • Atlas F1 Bulletin Board
« Reply #32 on: 09/15/08, 04:42 PM »
I'm really glad to hear you are okay, Robert. I hope you'll be able to get back home soon.  :)
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
Winston Churchill

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #33 on: 09/15/08, 04:43 PM »
Thanks again guys for all the support!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #34 on: 09/15/08, 05:31 PM »
We're missing ya Robert! Hurry back but don't make any moves 'til it's 100% safe again!