Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
08/06/20, 11:00 AM

Author Topic: Hurricane Ike  (Read 12882 times)

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 208
Re: Hurricane Ike
« Reply #20 on: 09/14/08, 11:42 PM »
Well we just now got our electricity back here at 12:40 am est.
We lost it around 9pm right after the Steelers Intercepted the Browns for the first at the beginning of the 2nd quarter,My daughter was freaked out she worked herself up the point of bring back up dinner so we loaded up both kids and rode around town til the Steeler game was over and they where both asleep.
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Chadley

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 26
    • Dakotagraph
« Reply #21 on: 09/15/08, 05:03 AM »
Wow, all this makes me glad I live in the north central part of the country, away from the coastal storms. Good luck to everyone affected, I hope the kids calm down and damage to your homes is minimal.

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #22 on: 09/15/08, 05:58 AM »
Well, from reports back home, the house is still in one piece with no damage... I'm in San Antonio 200 miles away in a motel.

Back in Houston, No power still, all stores are closed, and there's no gas either... They are saying could be up to 3 or 4 weeks for power, and some of the freeways are under water.

We are safe, and I'm greatful for that... but feeding an 11 month old baby bottles out of an ice bucket at the Hampton Inn is getting old already. Not to mention the $848 a week price tag it's costing us for the 2 rooms.

This was a bad storm, and we are leary of going back home yet, as they say to be ready for 2 weeks of no food or water until things get back to normal once we do get home.

We have a tough road ahead... but as I said, we are greatful we have our health and our home seems to be intact.... just trees and fences down.

Thanks for all the support guys and keeping the place running.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Tommy Patton

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #23 on: 09/15/08, 06:36 AM »
As always bro and im so glad your all ok ...OSRL  is going good the outlaw race i ran had no trouble and the champoinship bomber race ill take care of ..so glad to hear from you
Tommy

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #24 on: 09/15/08, 07:13 AM »
Robert, I'm sure glad to hear you guys are alright! I was watching the TV and everytime they mentioned Galveston I kept thinking about how awful close to you that was! Thank God everything and everyone is OK!

Offline ib4jr

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 23
« Reply #25 on: 09/15/08, 08:12 AM »
Robert!!  damn man every time i seen that the disaster on tv. paper etc. i thought of you man.  I really didn,t know what part of Tx you were at, but then again that storm was as big as Tx.!  Just glad to hear from you, and at least you had sense enough to leave the area you were at.  I,m sure this site is the last thing on your mind right now (and it shold be) but if you need anything (and i mean anything) don,t hesitate to ask man, we,ll keep RG going, you just do what you gotta do.  Read PM please

God Bless Terry

Offline Kazuo

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 5
  • Slower than a week in jail.
« Reply #26 on: 09/15/08, 09:03 AM »
Glad to hear you're all ok Robert. Bit of good news to say the least.
CodKazuo #83

A car itself wins nothing, it comes alive through skillful manipulation.

Offline Brian Roberts

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 10
« Reply #27 on: 09/15/08, 11:26 AM »
Glad to hear Robert & Family are ok, not so glad about the result of the game though  :(

I wanna see some big ape grab that guy on the Steelers by the hair  :D
He got a tattoo on his arm that say "Baby" He got another one that just say "Hey" And every Sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon in a 57 Chevrolet

Offline Chadley

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 26
    • Dakotagraph
« Reply #28 on: 09/15/08, 01:55 PM »
Good to hear you made it through the storm Robert. Glad to hear the baby is doing as well as can be expected. Good luck getting back to normal life sometime soon.

And Wolfman - Here's what I've got to say to your football team. I was at the AFC Championship in 1988 when the Broncos beat the Browns with "The Fumble." Of course the Super Bowl didn't go so well after that, but...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rioux

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #29 on: 09/15/08, 02:48 PM »
Thanks Robert for report, I was worried !!!!!

Glad to hear Robert and your family are correct !!!!!! Good news !!!!!