Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
05/26/19, 12:40 PM

Author Topic: Paint Shop Pro Tutorial - Engine Turned Layers  (Read 8844 times)

njnascarfanz29

Paint Shop Pro Tutorial - Engine Turned Layers
« on: 10/11/07, 05:24 PM »
Hi Robert, I was wondering is there any help available using this with Paint Shop Pro 8?
Thank you,

NJnascarfanz29

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
Re:Using Engine Turned Layers in PSP8
« Reply #1 on: 10/11/07, 06:57 PM »
It's pretty simple in PSP...

I have PSP9 so I think it's real close...

Open the layers in PSP and turn off each layer until you get to the color you want to use.

Then select the Foreground or Background Pattern in the Materials box.

When you click on the color itself, a popup window opens that lets you choose color, gradient or pattern. Select Pattern.

Now you will see a dropdown box with a bunch of patterns and the color you have open in the screen will also be there in the box to select it.

Thats it.

If you want each color as a pattern to be there all the time without opening them all the time, you need to open the Megapack.psp and select each layer one at a time in the layer pallet, click and hold down while you drag it out into an open area of your screen, then a little plus sign will show up and you can let go. Now hit File and Save As and name it anything.. but save it in your C/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Patterns folder and do the same for each color... now when you click the pattern tab in the Materials editor, that color pattern will always be there in the dropdown box.

If you have any questions, let me know... I will be glad to help if I can.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

njnascarfanz29

Re:Paint Shop Pro Tutorial - Engine Turned Layers
« Reply #2 on: 10/14/07, 02:47 AM »
Thank you Robert. That makes it very imple for me...now let see what I can create with your great layers..thanks again

MadDAWG

« Reply #3 on: 01/19/08, 12:10 PM »
I have another trick for making these halographic type numbers from back in my DTR days. I use PSP so I have no idea about PSD.

Make two new layers above the layer you filled with the halo patteren. Using the same section that you filled with the halo pattern fill the first layer with the metalic chrome gradient, and the second with the eother the metalic silver or metal sheet gradients.  Set the first layer above the halo fill (metalic chrome) as an overlay. The second layer above the halo fill as multiply. Then play with the percentages to get the look you want.  In the sammple below the upper version has the efeects and the lower on dosn't.

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #4 on: 01/19/08, 12:59 PM »
Cool Mike! Thanks!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Tommy Patton

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #5 on: 02/18/08, 12:24 AM »
Robert i tryed downloading this but it's not letting me whats up ? there is no sownload button.
thanks Tommy

Offline Tommy Patton

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #6 on: 02/18/08, 03:24 AM »
maddawg can you make me a set of #4 just like very top numbers with the dark running in it same colors and just like the frist one for left and right door and roof ...thanks.
Tommy

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #7 on: 02/18/08, 05:14 AM »
srgrinch1 wrote:
Robert i tryed downloading this but it's not letting me whats up ? there is no sownload button.
thanks Tommy

They are fixed now!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline JMack12

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 0
Re: Paint Shop Pro Tutorial - Engine Turned Layers
« Reply #8 on: 07/11/08, 06:27 PM »
Trying to do this on my own.  I'm using PSP 9.0.

I make my original number, filling it with the holo_gold pattern/gradient.

So, now do I make two new numbers separately, in order to "Make two new layers above the layer you filled with the halo pattern"?

And how do I "Set the first layer above the halo fill (metallic chrome) as an overlay. The second layer above the halo fill as multiply. Then play with the percentages to get the look you want"? 

If anyone can help, I'm on AIM as "JimmyMack12".

Thanks.

MIkeD

Re: Paint Shop Pro Tutorial - Engine Turned Layers
« Reply #9 on: 07/18/08, 09:22 PM »
I'll make up a set in PSP and have robert post them.  It may take me a few days to find the time to get it done.

You don't make another set of numbers. You do it with layers stacked on top of each other. Are you familiar with layers in psp?
« Last Edit: 07/18/08, 09:26 PM by MIkeD »