Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
08/23/19, 07:22 PM

Author Topic: Dusting off the "paint" brushes...  (Read 3060 times)

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
    • RacinGrafix
Dusting off the "paint" brushes...
« on: 05/01/17, 02:35 AM »
About three years ago, Robert gave me the opportunity to post some of my recent work on here.  For that, I'm truly grateful.  A lot has happened in my life since then and painting sim cars wasn't a priority.  Plus, I'm such a perfectionist at times with these cars that I just get burned out after a while.  But, I'm going to try to finish my cars from 2014 to 2016 and any new ones from this season.  Some shown here need very little to finish.  Others are a little more complicated depending on my photography and painting skills.  No timeframe.  But, know that when they're posted they'll be the best that I can do on them.  Quality is what we've all come to expect here at RacinGrafix.  Besides my Late Models (LMPv2) from Pennsylvania or touring series, I may just have other cars or goodies that you may like.  Stay tuned.

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
Re: Dusting off the "paint" brushes...
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/17, 08:00 AM »
Man those look good! Thanks for sharing your stuff here Ron. I know others appreciate it as well.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #2 on: 05/01/17, 02:48 PM »
 :13:
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Gchap

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #3 on: 05/02/17, 12:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #4 on: 05/02/17, 04:23 PM »
I'm lovin' this, Ron.  Really looking forward to more of your cars.  You put such detail into them, it really ramps up the "immersion" factor! 

Offline dhenn

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 19
« Reply #5 on: 05/03/17, 12:11 AM »
cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #6 on: 05/03/17, 02:06 AM »
I'm lovin' this, Ron.  Really looking forward to more of your cars.  You put such detail into them, it really ramps up the "immersion" factor! 

Thank you, J.R.  As someone who puts so much detail into the tracks he builds, I appreciate your compliment.  When I first started painting LMPv2 cars, I just used templates that were available.  But, now I use mostly my own stuff... aside from the shading that came with the templates.  And, even that I have changed like adding a line on the trunk to simulate an actual "trunk" lid.  Every LMPv2 template I've seen makes it look like that panel extends to the end of the rear bumper cover.  It doesn't.  I've tried my hand at shading to depict the separation between the roof and quarter panel sections IF that's how the car is assembled.  I've even ran across a couple of rear bumper covers that looked just like the newer ones, but had this little crease that went side-by-side about 3/4 of the width.  Not something most people would notice or care about because it's hardly noticeable.  And, if you've never seen the car, you'd never know the difference anyways.  Yet, I know it's on the real car and make sure it's on my sim cars.  The rear spoilers are the biggest challenge, ESPECIALLY on the Ford models since it is mapped on both sides of the spoiler section.  So, BOTH sides have to match up.  If not, if you get really close to the rear of a Ford, you would see a shift.  And, as I've mentioned before, I add the correct fuel fillers, lower grills (inlet)... etc.  What I like is running behind my cars and seeing that one Chevy may have a newer spoiler or supports and the Chevy beside it looks totally different.  I guess I need to finish these cars so you'll see the difference.  Since a new mod hasn't been built and these cars still race all around the country, I probably should combine my different parts and release some templates.  We'll see.  So much to do.  LOL

Offline Gary Hamel

• Carset Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #7 on: 05/07/17, 05:51 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to make the templates more accurate

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #8 on: 05/07/17, 06:35 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to make the templates more accurate

Well... I need to take what I have from different cars and combine them into one template.

Offline Dave76

• Carset Painter
  • Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 23
« Reply #9 on: 05/09/17, 02:41 AM »
RacerRon, that to me is the mark of a great painter. One who sweats the little details that most people don't notice. All in the name of authenticity. Keep up the good work!