Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
03/24/19, 10:28 PM

Author Topic: Maximum Number of Mods?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 15
Maximum Number of Mods?
« on: 11/14/16, 10:31 AM »
How many mods can you install in NR2003? Is it 16?

Tracks is 128 right?

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 206
Re: Maximum Number of Mods?
« Reply #1 on: 11/14/16, 10:52 AM »
i think it's less then 16 mods I can count them in my folder when I get home as mines maxed out
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #2 on: 11/14/16, 11:03 AM »
It's 8 mods max. (iirc)

128 tracks.

That's why I have several separate installs of NR2003.  To cover all of the different types and eras of racing and the tracks that they race on.   ;)

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 206
« Reply #3 on: 11/14/16, 11:30 AM »
I have a mod folder I just swap them out as I need
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #4 on: 11/14/16, 02:42 PM »
Really just 8...? OK Multiple folders it is...

I'm rebuilding my files after being struck by that nasty Windows 10 Update Restart Loop...thingy...

I lost most of my stuff as my back-ups seem to be incomplete, guess you gotta check those things, I thought I was good, turns out I have a bunch of empty folders....:(

So to get the stupid update cleared I had to wipe my HD...the upside? I added an SSD to speed things up and not have HD failure..

I will being uploading EVERYTHING I do AND my painting supplies folders (logos, numbers, etc...) to an off computer site...not doing this again...

If I lose another HD's worth of stuff, I'll just play more golf, this is hard to do

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
« Reply #5 on: 11/18/16, 01:11 PM »
Here's another question along the same lines,  Do you need the cts, gns, and pta mods or not?  Can you substitute the CWS 15 mod for the original truck mod or NXS15 for the original Busch mod?  Some say you don't need them at all.  Just wondering.
Randy C

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #6 on: 11/19/16, 01:25 PM »
Here's another question along the same lines,  Do you need the cts, gns, and pta mods or not?  Can you substitute the CWS 15 mod for the original truck mod or NXS15 for the original Busch mod?  Some say you don't need them at all.  Just wondering.
I would recommend that you install all of the "original" mods (i.e. gns, cts, iroc, pta, and a few others I can't remember right now) because all of those have certain add-ons and patches that are important.  But once those have been installed, you can remove them from your series folder and only use the mods you want or need.

This is one of the reasons I have 6 individual installations of NR2003 on my PC.  FYI, here is how I have them:

1.  NASCAR Top Tier - has all of the current and updated tracks that these series run on.  Gen6, NXS15, CWS15, DMRNXS16 and ARCA mod.

2.  NASCAR Home Tracks - has all of my short track mods and tracks that they run on.  Whelen, LMPv2, K&N (Gen6 w/ gns physics), GNS_CTS (for my Busch North 2001 cars)

3.  Winston Years - has all of the tracks and mods that ran during the 1980s-2007 (also includes the Nextel years and tracks).  Cup80s, Cup90s, original GNS, original CTS, Cup2000 mods.

4.  NASCAR Legends - has all of the mods and tracks from the 1960s - 1970's.  GN69st, GN70ss, GN63_CTS, SNSC70

5.  Road Racing - has all of the road racing mods and tracks.  ASA90_CTS (for Highbank's TransAm sets), DW12, PTA, RDGTP, SNSC70 (more Highbank's TransAm cars), TPTCC2 mods.

6.  Dirt - Has all of the Dirt track mods and tracks.

Doing it this way, I have all of the mods and the tracks they mostly run at all organized together in each install.  Makes it easy and fun without having to swap out mods and tracks all of the time. 

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
« Reply #7 on: 11/24/16, 10:29 PM »
Thanks, J.R. 
Randy C

Offline Gchap

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #8 on: 11/25/16, 09:45 PM »
I actually have 16 mods in each of my series folders and all are active in the game. 

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #9 on: 11/27/16, 07:35 PM »
I have a folder called "xtra Mods" that I put the pwf mods in after I get everything installed, it doesn't seem to affect the game