Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
05/25/19, 12:48 AM

Author Topic: I'm back....  (Read 1656 times)

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 14
    • RacinGrafix
I'm back....
« on: 09/13/16, 10:50 PM »
Here's an ingame shot of some of the new cars at Jennerstown for 2016.  Robert gave me an opportunity to post my work here and I started uploading some 2014 and 2015 cars early last year.  But, the past 16 months have been kinda rough.  I won't bore you with the details.  I just didn't have the enthusiasm to paint much.  Plus, I haven't been at my home to paint much anyways.  I feel like I let Robert down.  I did throw together some cars to add to Jennerstown's simulator.  It's pretty cool.  It runs the Jennerstown cars I've painted on the Jennerstown 2015 track that John Norton edited.  I even updated the billboards.  But, now I'm back... or as much as I can be.  The cars shown here still need tweaking.  Anyone who knows me knows that I can be somewhat of a perfectionist.  I don't use generic templates.  Things like the rear spoilers, fuel fillers, exhaust, rivits on the valance strip and so on are unique to each car.  I've even gotten to where sometimes I put the rivits in their exact place... or close.  The Fords, with their horrible warping in the front and mapping of the spoiler, can be a pain.  I will start with 2016 cars and work backwards.  Some don't change much from one year to the next.  Even if you aren't from Pennsylvania and know these drivers, I think people will like to have these in their game anyways.  I will have to find someone to do renders though.  Dave Reuille has passed as we know.  And Dave (DawsonvilleBill) I know has some health issues.  Get well soon, Dave.  No timeline.  I will post when I feel that they are the best that I can make them.  Stay tuned.

Offline ongias25

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 27
Re: I'm back....
« Reply #1 on: 09/13/16, 11:24 PM »
Great to see You back Ron. Cars look really nice!

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 14
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #2 on: 09/13/16, 11:48 PM »
Thank you.  I sometimes think I'm crazy for the goofy little things that I add.  Aside from the different spoilers, they are details you wouldn't see or notice if you're on the track.  But, I add them anyways.  I have to tell ya though.... these complex wraps on some cars are pushing my painting skills.  LOL

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #3 on: 09/14/16, 10:10 AM »
That's some good stuff right there, Ron.  Good to see you "back in the saddle" my friend.   :clap:

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #4 on: 09/14/16, 10:27 AM »
Welcome back Ron
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #5 on: 09/14/16, 05:28 PM »
Welcome back Ron, I hope you find some joy in painting again.

Don't worry about letting me down, this little site has pretty much taken a life of it's own, so I just go with the flow and let it live.

Hope you get a chance to share your work again, and I know jopajoe is doing some renders until Dave (dawsonvillebill9) gets back to full swing, so post them in the request thread or contact him in the admin area if you want.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design