Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 03:51 PM

Author Topic: Old Nestea Logo help  (Read 1488 times)

Offline BlueOysterCult87

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 3
Old Nestea Logo help
« on: 02/16/16, 03:51 AM »
Hey everyone, I searched all over the net and this is the best image I could find of a late 80's early 90's Nestea logo. I tried tracing it, but my logo keeps winding up with wobbly letters instead of rounded and smooth. Anyone willing to help? Just need it slightly bigger than a hood on a 2048 template. I would greatly appreciate any help, and thank you for looking.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Check my page to view the progress of the 1990 Busch Series carset for the Cup90 mod at http://www.facebook.com/groups/278588735542556/

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
Re: Old Nestea Logo help
« Reply #1 on: 02/16/16, 04:57 AM »
Something like This?

[attachment deleted by admin]
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline BlueOysterCult87

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: 02/16/16, 06:44 PM »
Wow! Perfect! Man, that was FAST! Thank you once more, Sage. You've helped me out quite a few times with these logos.
Check my page to view the progress of the 1990 Busch Series carset for the Cup90 mod at http://www.facebook.com/groups/278588735542556/

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #3 on: 02/16/16, 07:42 PM »
You're more than welcome. Glad to help.

And this one was particularly easy. It's been said on more PS forums than I can think of, but it's still too true, 'the Pen Tool is your friend'.

Offline BlueOysterCult87

• Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: 02/16/16, 10:30 PM »
That's what I tried doing, but I just couldn't get the curves to curve smoothly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I had a heck of a time.

I really do appreciate you helping me. I always try my very best to make everything on my own.

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #5 on: 02/17/16, 09:44 PM »
Have you looked into any tutorials/videos on using the Pen Tool? Maybe if you find ones that kind of make you 'follow along' they might help you understand it's ins-and-outs.

For me personally, I've been playing with letter forms for so long that I can pretty much figure out where the nodes need to be to get the curve I want. But I go back to when everything, and I mean everything, had to be hand drawn so I've got a pretty good handle on letter shapes. But really, all a letter is is just another shape. I found out early on in my sign career that once I could effectively letter backwards (reverse lettering on the inside of windows) and/or upside down that it really didn't matter what the letter was...it was just a shape to reproduce.

Hang in there and keep practicing...you'll get it eventually. Using the pen Tool isn't really all that difficult, you just need to keep at it until you have your 'ah ha!' moment. After that, it will all seem so simple you'll wonder what the problem was before.