Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
05/24/19, 11:56 PM

Author Topic: Highbank's Trans Am Series Car Sets  (Read 16685 times)

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 15
Highbank's Trans Am Car Sets
« Reply #20 on: 06/20/15, 03:01 PM »

1992 Trans Am set is at 29 cars now, here's a bunch of them including the latest additions the 74 & 75 Camaros. Doing the three Corvettes for the set at the moment...
« Last Edit: 07/19/15, 11:15 AM by Highbank »

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
Re: 1985 Trans Am Series Car Set for the ASA90 mod
« Reply #21 on: 06/26/15, 02:34 PM »
Way back in January, 2015 I decided to paint a car set. I wanted to give back to the sim racing community, I also wanted to do something that might endure for some piece of time. I decided to do something that I thought might not be that well received in the community but something that I was passionate about just the same. I thought at the time I posted it, and I'll say also I was a little nervous about posting it thinking it could be a total flop. I wondered to myself, "What if no one downloads it? How will I feel?"  So I threw all thoughts of failure to the wind and uploaded my 1985 Trans Am Car Set on March 14, 2015. I would also mention that that date is meaningful to me as it is the date my Father died in 2012, my Dad was the one who brought auto racing into my life, he took me as a 9 year old boy to Riverside International Raceway for everything, Ontario Motor Speedway for the Indy cars and stock cars on an oval, and Corona Speedway to see the Midgets and stockers on dirt for the first time in 1968. So it was a somewhat difficult day for me, all that was hanging in my mind as I posted the set to Mediafire. No please understand I mean I wasn't looking for fanfare or anything, I just hoped that 10 to 15 people might maybe want something like this, something I worked hard on and that would be epic...So today is my Father's Birthday, he would be 89.

Every few days I check to see how the ole set is doing. make sure the download link still works, etc...I have been amazed how the set still is being downloaded. Today is a special milestone for the 1985 set and well, I guess for me as well. On my Dad's birthday, today, the set hit 500 downloads.

So I took the set out on the ole "Watkins Glen Long" and snapped up some pics to celebrate the milestone.

I have to say, I am amazed at how well those Nissans and Porsches worked out...

Thank you folks for your downloads, it means more than I can tell you!

Bill

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #22 on: 06/27/15, 08:04 PM »
Wow, thanks for sharing your story about your Dad Bill. As well as the carset.

It was my folks that took me to my first races as well.

It always amazes me how many people still mess with this Sim.

I recently re-installed a copy of NR2003 on my machine for the first time in 4 years... I'll be sure to download these and run them as well.

GREAT SHOTS! :)
« Last Edit: 08/23/15, 10:37 AM by Robert Vining »
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #23 on: 07/13/15, 01:38 PM »
Thanks Mr. Vining! Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy getting the 1992 set complete, and it is finally. Four months! YIKES!

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #24 on: 07/13/15, 01:43 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2hez0whxxttlh9d/1992_Tide_Trans_Am_Car_Set.rar

Special thanks to "Sage" for the wake-up call and fine Baja logo!

This one was a tougher bit of work, I was feeling a little overwhelmed over the last couple weeks trying to get it completed and wanting to get it behind me. Danger sign! BUT all is well and I'm happy with the set.

I am going to back off and rest myself before tackling the next one...

Offline Bernd48

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 13
« Reply #25 on: 07/14/15, 03:47 AM »
>>> MUCH THANKS Bill for your hard work !

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #26 on: 07/15/15, 01:09 PM »
>>> MUCH THANKS Bill for your hard work !

Thanks right back at you!

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #27 on: 07/15/15, 11:24 PM »
Excellent work and great looking set! Thanks for sharing it!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #28 on: 07/16/15, 08:30 PM »
Thank you sir, thanks for letting me share it here.

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #29 on: 07/19/15, 11:12 AM »
I feel very compelled to once again thank everyone for downloading my Trans Am car sets, they have been so well received and I am very grateful.

Next up is the 1970 Trans Am set for the SNSC70 mod. I'm helping out "twcom" on this one with some largely unknown cars and doing some beta testing of the set for him. This is a set I've wanted to see since I first laid eyes on this fine mod. I know Denis would be pleased as we spoke about a retro Trans Am mod several times. I think it'll be a good one.

Again THANKS for your downloads of the 1985 and 1992 Trans Am car sets, your support has been fantastic!