Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
07/21/19, 10:11 PM

Author Topic: Highbank's Trans Am Series Car Sets  (Read 17130 times)

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 15
Re: 1985 Trans Am Series Car Set for the ASA90 mod
« Reply #10 on: 04/20/15, 01:23 PM »
Honestly, I'm struggling to stay with this set on the PTA mod. This Camaro thing just breaks my heart. AND I'm not exactly a Bowtie kinda guy. :) Also the more I dig into this and look at the cars, there are close enough cars that come with the set to race this year, well almost. Your idea for the TPTCC is solid, although it's back to the issue of having a car missing. This time it would be the Jaguar, which is the heart of the 2003 season (and several years to follow) I know the Ford GT actually makes a convincing Jag.

I'm disappointed right now, but I'll rebound and move forward with something.

I may be moving on to a 1992 set and going back to the ASA90 for it.

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #11 on: 04/20/15, 04:44 PM »
I've got these two PWF Camaro templates....imported on the 'Vette! They pretty much look like what you've already got though!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #12 on: 04/23/15, 06:26 PM »
Ya Dave, I have them, unfortunately to me they just look like Vettes with exposed headlights. Thanks for throwing them out but I'm sure you know what I mean, A Vette is a Vette, no way around it.

The other factor in this is that as I paint these 2003 cars I put them in the game and have to look real hard to tell them apart from the ones that are there (when they are there) I am struggling to stay excited about the set because of that. It's like why do something that's already done when there is so much out there that has never been done. I may just do the cars that would fill out a good field for 2003 with the cars that Project Wildfire did. I would be happy with that...except that I would leave the Camaros out and that doesn't strike me as a "good set" for 2003.

Offline dhenn

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 19
« Reply #13 on: 04/24/15, 11:19 AM »
I agree... your work is quality... if you have lost excitment my friend... move on to something that you are excited about.... it would be interesting to see what the daytona looks like on the jag though... sorry I am a dodge guy. Your paints have gotten me into some road racing... i am not good at it... but practice makes perfect indeed... thanks for all you do!!!!

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #14 on: 04/24/15, 06:12 PM »
Thanks, ya I'm going to set the 2003 set aside for now, the Camaro thing is giving a block. I also am beginning to see that Project Wildfire did a quasi-2003-2204 mini set in the mod. The cars are exactly right but they are close enough that I feel like I'm painting the same cars. I hate that! There is so much ground that has never been addressed that repainting cars they did seems a waste of time. I love the PTA mod but I'm stuck. I'll probably do a few more cars (ones they didn't do) and put it out as an add-on to their mod set so there will be a fuller 2003 set to run of course sans the Camaros.

What I am doing now is the initial photo gathering and research for the 1992 set on the ASA90 mod. I'm building a car list and it'll be a great set. Talking about Camaros, Jack Baldwin won the title in '92 in that Hot Wheels Camaro that I'm sure y'all have seen. The cars in '92 were pretty cool. AND for the Dodge fans, we have the Archer Brothers, Tommy and Bobby in the Dodge Motorsports Daytona iron... They were in the mix in most of the races contending for the win.  There are Corvettes and Mustangs, a few Oldsmobiles, some of the cars look like updated versions of the '85 cars some of the drivers ran in both years. Good stuff. It's got me excited about it and that is the first obstacle in this kind of project.

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #15 on: 05/10/15, 06:39 PM »
Progress report on the 1992 Trans Am Set.
I got the Dodge Daytona on the Camaro template is complete as are the two Daytonas of the Archer Brothers Racing Team. I think it is quite convincing, even next to a Camaro in game.

So now I have five cars in game and went ahead and began doing the Ratings work as I put each into the game.

The car list at this point is:
#3 Tommy Archer Daytona
#32 Bobby Archer Daytona
#4 Ron Fellows Mustang
#25 Jack Baldwin Camaro
#33 Scott Sharp Camaro

Here's a screen cap of the set to date...

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #16 on: 05/21/15, 02:10 PM »
An Update:
 Ten cars done for the '92 TA set now and took a little break to try a GEN4 Camaro template on the new Bullring MBLM Mod. It worked out very good I think and that opens the door for some '93-99 Trans Am sets. Here's a little peak at that:

Of course the template and paint aren't 100% yet, just wanted to happily announce that it's a go!
« Last Edit: 05/25/15, 04:57 PM by Highbank »

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #17 on: 05/28/15, 01:04 AM »
Cool. Keep us posted on the new set as well. Nice work
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #18 on: 05/28/15, 11:25 AM »
Absolutely will Mr V!

I appreciate that open door...

Offline Highbank

• Crew Chief
« Reply #19 on: 06/11/15, 11:46 AM »
Meanwhile back in 1992!
The set is up to 20 cars to date, here's one of the latest. The #2 Deborah Gregg Camaro.

Deborah is Peter Gregg's widow, she picked up the mantle after Peter's sad suicide and showed she had some serious road racing chops, running in both the Trans Am and IMSA GT series for many years.