Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/23/19, 09:43 PM

Author Topic: Nr2003 Level of detail  (Read 2837 times)

Offline ERS

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 0
Nr2003 Level of detail
« on: 03/08/15, 02:37 PM »
I am having an issue where the damage will toggle on/off according to distance away from another truck in the CWS14. When I get closer damage will toggle on and as I get further away it will toggle off.  Also having similar issues with other mods (Gen6 or DMRNNS), not so much damage but in level of detail. For example the windshield toggles from black to whatever color is painted on the template the further away you get.  My question I have an nvidia card and was wondering if anyone would know the setting to help this sort of issue or is it a game issue.  I have level of detail set at "high".  Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks.

ERS

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
Re: Nr2003 Level of detail
« Reply #1 on: 03/08/15, 10:13 PM »
Probably has something to do with the LOD (Level Of Detail) built into the mod. Most mods have less detail the farther out the view is to save on frame rates. What that amounts to is that there are a number (which can vary by mod makers) of different detail levels so that as you approach, or go away, the detail amounts change in-game so as to not cause too great of a hit to the video card. If there aren't enough transition LODs, and because you have yours set to 'high', may be the reason you're seeing the changes.

At least that's my understanding of LOds and how they affect the game.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline ERS

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #2 on: 03/09/15, 01:29 PM »
Thanks Sage. It seems to me I just started noticing it, but then again the older I get the more I "just notice".  Not a big deal and I am aware of the LOD transitions but seems as if it is more now.  Thanks.  One more question, was there a patch for the DMRNNS mod for window tint?  If so, can you point me in the direction to get it?  Appreciate the reply.  Thanks.

ERS

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #3 on: 03/09/15, 04:15 PM »
There isn't a 'window fix' shown at DMR.
http://www.desmodsracing.com/download/dmrnns13/page1.html
But I do have a 'clear glass' one (as well as a new 'shiny.mip) so if you'd like either/both drop me a PM with an email address and I'll gladly send them your way.

As for getting older...been there, done that.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!