Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
07/16/19, 04:14 PM

Author Topic: Motordrome Speedway released for NR2003....  (Read 10668 times)

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
    • RacinGrafix
Motordrome Speedway released for NR2003....
« on: 02/03/15, 03:06 AM »
John Norton of Wild Kustom Cars + NR2003 Track Design has released Motordrome Speedway; a 1/2 mile asphalt track located about 30 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  Using videos from YouTube and my own reference photos, he has made what I feel is a very enjoyable track which is slightly elevated on the backstretch with banking that dives into Turns 3 and 4.  Added grip allows passing on the outside and the AI do the same.  I consulted with John on this track and must say I'm tickled to death with it.  As we know, NR2003 has its limitations.  To make a decent-sized field, he has made two pit roads to replace the front stretch one at the real track.  A single pit road would have limited the track to about 18 cars.  Motordrome (NR2003 version) can run up to 26 cars, including the player.

John just started making tracks for NR2003 back in August, 2014.  He has made a number of tracks from the Midwest including Hales Corner, Golden Sands and Lake Geneva as well as The Chili Bowl.

You can download his tracks from his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/wild-kustoms-cars-nr2003-track-design/downloads-my-nr2003-tracks-and-some-editing-tools/537191653093971

Motordrome is available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/whf1h98wldzhblm/Motordrome.zip

I would personally like to thank John and all of those who continue to keep NASCAR Racing 2003 Season alive.  I am currently taking some time to paint up LMPv2 cars for tracks such as Motordrome, Jennerstown and past Lake Erie cars (which hasn't ran Late Models in a couple of years).  I will announce any releases as they become available. 

ENJOY!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 08/04/15, 02:07 PM by Robert Vining »

Offline WoofGM

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 3
  • Sim Racing since 1994........
    • Nascar Design Grafx
Re: Motordrome Speedway released for NR2003....
« Reply #1 on: 08/04/15, 10:30 AM »
Well this is welcome thing for sure !!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep Honking...................

I'm Still Reloading.............

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/15, 12:06 PM »
Ya this is a great track it is one of 3 semi-local asphalt short tracks near me wih Lake Erie Speedway and Jennerstown Speedway.
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/15, 02:07 PM »
I must have missed this post originally. Thanks for sharing it Ron!

I edited the first post to read Hales Corner.

Thanks!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #4 on: 08/04/15, 08:47 PM »
You do know that Motordrome open in 1972 as a Dirt Track was closed then paved in 1989 and nascar sanc in 1990
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #5 on: 08/14/15, 12:35 AM »
You do know that Motordrome open in 1972 as a Dirt Track was closed then paved in 1989 and nascar sanc in 1990

Yes I did.  And, the way it is being ran now this could be the last we see of racing at Motordrome for awhile.   But, I have to tell ya this is one of the most competitive offline tracks you will find.  I have a set of cars that race/raced there and I have a blast just watching the AI run.  Can't thank John Norton enough for making this track.

Offline dhenn

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 19
« Reply #6 on: 08/14/15, 12:48 AM »
is this a set that is downloadable?

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #7 on: 08/14/15, 02:28 AM »
I haven't completed an entire set.  A few are done.  Many haven't changed or changed much from 2014 to 2015.  Someone was interested in hosting them on their site, but they seem to have issues with it and even the files I sent were never posted on their site.  MAYBE Robert might be interested?   It's been a rough few months.  I lost my job back in April.  I have worked some temp jobs.  Fortunately, I get unemployment while looking for a new job.  Plus, my monitor went KAPUT and I didn't have money for a new one.  However, someone gave my a monitor recently and I'm trying to finish all of the cars from Jennerstown and Motordrome from the past two seasons.  Actually, I just got Jennerstown's simulator updated to where my Late Models (rather than Winston Cup cars) are running on it (with the Jennerstown track).  Also, I am one of the announcers there.  My biggest problem, if you will, is that I'm a stickler for detail and it takes me awhile to complete my cars.  I use things like the real car's exhaust, spoiler, fuel filler and even the different types of rivits on the valance strips.  It's gotten so bad that I actually put rivits, if they'really bare, in their exact locations... or as close as possible given that the LMPV2 bodies aren't an exact match.  I will post some infame pics and a list.  Like I said, some are done (some still need rendered) while others have a little bit to finish.

« Last Edit: 08/14/15, 11:44 AM by RacerRon13 »

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #8 on: 08/14/15, 02:30 AM »
Second part of the field from my previous post.

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • RacinGrafix
« Reply #9 on: 08/14/15, 02:40 AM »
Posted this one before.  Matt Sever from 2014.  2015 is practically identical.  Here's a comparison.