Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/20/19, 12:10 AM

Author Topic: UPDATE - We Are NOT Shutting down Racin Grafix  (Read 18336 times)

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
Re: Shutting down Racin Grafix
« Reply #30 on: 10/17/14, 10:23 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but, I'm confident that these guys could run this site.  I fully support you guys. Lets keep this site alive.     :Woot_Emoticon:
Randy C

Offline Gchap

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #31 on: 10/17/14, 10:28 AM »
If you're able to work out a way to keep this going, I'll try to help monetary wise as I can.  Good luck.
Greg

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #32 on: 10/17/14, 02:10 PM »
As far as the cost goes I think it gets back to Robert's original post...i.e. 25GB of files, 100GB of monthly transfer. I can't be certain, but there's a good chance Robert's running his own server (seeing as how he does this as a business), so it's a matter of asking how much the annual cost is. I can only speak from my own personal experience but my site's server costs me $55 a year. For that I get 10GB of storage & 300GB of monthly bandwidth transfer (but then, I don't need a lot of transfer as there's nothing to download from my site...it's purely informational).

That being said, there are some real good deals out there (I'm probably going to switch servers after 10+ years when my current contract's up in April)...even GoDaddy can be had for $3.49 a month ($41.88 annually) for 100GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth. There's even some better prices from servers you've never heard from to be had, but I think that would involve some research to find out about up-times and what-not.

If y'all are really interested in keeping it going, I'll chip in as well. Throw 5 of us together at $10 a head for a year and it should be covered. Or maybe not...my knowledge of server prices is limited. I do know a fair amount of coding but I know nothing about how to make a forum work.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #33 on: 10/17/14, 03:16 PM »
I'm in if we can get something lined up.
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
« Reply #34 on: 10/17/14, 03:19 PM »
Message me an address for a collection and I'll pitch in. I'm with you guys. Just let me know how much. We get a couple of bucks from each member and we should be good.
Randy C

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #35 on: 10/17/14, 04:21 PM »
I'm all for it too...let me know how and when! I really would like to know if any body else is having upload problems? Are you guys even seeing my replies to this forum? Please give me a response!

Offline Gchap

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #36 on: 10/17/14, 04:41 PM »
I'm all for it too...let me know how and when! I really would like to know if any body else is having upload problems? Are you guys even seeing my replies to this forum? Please give me a response!
Dave, I see every one of your posts so far.  Have not tried to upload anything.
Greg

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 207
« Reply #37 on: 10/17/14, 05:53 PM »

Can't upload pictures so it would seem the site been locked down to post only
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #38 on: 10/17/14, 06:53 PM »
As far as the cost goes I think it gets back to Robert's original post...i.e. 25GB of files, 100GB of monthly transfer. I can't be certain, but there's a good chance Robert's running his own server (seeing as how he does this as a business), so it's a matter of asking how much the annual cost is. I can only speak from my own personal experience but my site's server costs me $55 a year. For that I get 10GB of storage & 300GB of monthly bandwidth transfer (but then, I don't need a lot of transfer as there's nothing to download from my site...it's purely informational).

That being said, there are some real good deals out there (I'm probably going to switch servers after 10+ years when my current contract's up in April)...even GoDaddy can be had for $3.49 a month ($41.88 annually) for 100GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth. There's even some better prices from servers you've never heard from to be had, but I think that would involve some research to find out about up-times and what-not.

If y'all are really interested in keeping it going, I'll chip in as well. Throw 5 of us together at $10 a head for a year and it should be covered. Or maybe not...my knowledge of server prices is limited. I do know a fair amount of coding but I know nothing about how to make a forum work.

I've done some forum moderating and have a little bit knowledge in that area!

Offline dhenn

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 19
« Reply #39 on: 10/18/14, 12:47 AM »
for 60 bucks a year... i am in ...heck I will pay the whole thing just to make it easier... let me know... i am in....