Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 10:44 AM

Author Topic: NCWTS at Eldora Last Night! **SPOILER**  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
NCWTS at Eldora Last Night! **SPOILER**
« on: 07/25/13, 06:20 PM »
Don't know if you caught the race, but that was cool as hell!

Ol' Kyle 'Bucky' Larson used up Newman like a cheap toy 3 or 4 times on the restarts in the 3rd segment. Even our very own Bubba Wallace posted a top 10 for his first time on dirt!

Congrats to Austin Dillon for getting it done.

I would really like to see them run this race every year at Eldora.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
Re: NCWTS at Eldora Last Night! **SPOILER**
« Reply #1 on: 07/25/13, 08:24 PM »
Great race and way to go Bubba :Woot_Emoticon:

Offline Gchap

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #2 on: 07/25/13, 08:44 PM »
Kinda shows how good these guys are as some had no dirt experience before Tuesday.  I figured we'd be bored with constant spin outs.  But, it was dirt so I would have watched it however it went down.  lol!  I hope where's a repeat of this event too.
Greg

Offline Brian Roberts

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 8
« Reply #3 on: 07/30/13, 04:58 PM »
Watched for a bit, but it didn't do anything for me, Sprints, late models and modifieds are so  much faster and more maneuverable on dirt, I thought this was like bulldozer racing.
He got a tattoo on his arm that say "Baby" He got another one that just say "Hey" And every Sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon in a 57 Chevrolet

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 182
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/13, 05:31 PM »
Watched for a bit, but it didn't do anything for me, Sprints, late models and modifieds are so  much faster and more maneuverable on dirt, I thought this was like bulldozer racing.

It was a bit slow in the beginning... but it got pretty good by the LCQ there at the end. I thought it was closer to street stocks or a little better... but Kyle Larson on dirt is the SHIT.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Brian Roberts

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 8
« Reply #5 on: 08/01/13, 06:59 AM »
It was a bit slow in the beginning... but it got pretty good by the LCQ there at the end. I thought it was closer to street stocks or a little better... but Kyle Larson on dirt is the SHIT.
Probably close to street stock in terms of power to weight ratio.  If you are used to watching cars that run Eldora in under 13 seconds (sprints) or mid 15's (late model) the trucks (19 seconds) are going to seem like slow motion. Seems like a lot of people did like it, I am just not one of them.
He got a tattoo on his arm that say "Baby" He got another one that just say "Hey" And every Sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon in a 57 Chevrolet