Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/20/19, 01:09 AM

Author Topic: Mass Download Tab for Dirt 55's  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
Mass Download Tab for Dirt 55's
« on: 02/20/13, 08:54 PM »
If I use the "Mass Download" tab for the Dirt 55"s,  will the download make a new file and carset along with my Cup, GN, CTS, TransAm, and Outlaw LM Carsets for NR 2003?
Randy C

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
Re: Mass Download Tab for Dirt 55's
« Reply #1 on: 02/20/13, 09:34 PM »
Clicking the 'Mass Download' tab kicks a new window that says, 'Here you can download multiple files as a ZIP archive.' To me that means that instead of a bunch of zip files you get one zip file (that probably has individual zips inside it) so my guess would be that, no, it won't do everything for you. You will still have to manually unzip each file and place it in the correct series' 'cars' folder.

But that's just my guess based on what the 'Mass Download' descriptor says.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline Randy C

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 12
« Reply #2 on: 02/21/13, 02:49 PM »
So....  How would I go about downloading all these cars.  When I downloaded the other mods, It downloaded a main file with a subfile with all of the cars that come with it.  As I have said before, I'm not a computer genius.  My friend gave me the links to download each series into the NR 2003 so I thought this would be the same thing.  Hoping someone can help me do this.  Those cars are really cool.  I want all of them.  Desmods don't give much help. Thanks again for any help you can give me.
Randy C

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #3 on: 02/21/13, 03:10 PM »
When you click the 'Mass Downlaod' tab for the Dirt55 Paint Schemes that are Here it opens a new window. If you are after all of the schemes, and if all of the files names are gray, then you only need to click the 'Submit' button. If you want to 'pick and choose'...select one and then, while holding down the 'Ctrl' key on your keyboard, select the other ones you want one at a time.

Mind you, I've never done this myself personally but that is how I believe it would work.

edit: OK...I just tried it for the sake of discussion and I received an Avea Media notification stating, 'The script is taking a short break to avoid server overload. 59 of 64 done' so you may have to download them all in stages.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!