Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 04:49 PM

Author Topic: Indycar Racing (v1.1)  (Read 17944 times)

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
Indycar Racing (v1.1)
« on: 05/23/12, 03:09 PM »
Just saw that Ian has released an update to his Indycar mod. And just in time for, well, INDY!!
You can find out all about it at:
http://www.smiffsden.com/enews.php?id=35#.T71AP2MsUdb
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
Re: Indycar Racing (v1.1)
« Reply #1 on: 05/25/12, 11:23 AM »
Tried to run this mod on my NRT hosted server, no-go, apparently it requires some extra attention on the server side to operate correctly.

On the bright side it got me interested enough to try the CART mod for rFactor which I am impressed with.

Offline Krusty

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #2 on: 05/25/12, 01:09 PM »
Tried to run this mod on my NRT hosted server, no-go, apparently it requires some extra attention on the server side to operate correctly.
Read somewere that you need to find the pta mod .dat file rename it and replace the dat file in the Indy car file.

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #3 on: 05/25/12, 04:45 PM »
Maybe this part of the 'Read me' explains the problem?

"IMPORTANT : DEDICATED SERVERS:
If you are running this mod for league races and have a dedicated server (i.e. use server.exe instead of NR2003.exe) then please install the "Dedicated Server install" version of the mod instead of the full one. In testing we have found the full mod will randomly crash a server, and sometimes won't load tracks at all, we believe this to be related to the way the server.exe handles mods which is different to the regular game exe, we are still trying to narrow down the issue so created the dedicated server install for launch - but the other advantage is it's only 2MB total so saves a ton of space on the server, see readme for specific installation details. This does not need to be used if you are hosting a race over IP via the Multiplayer "Host" option from within the regular game (NR2003.exe). "
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/12, 09:52 PM »
Yeah, I just shortened my explanation to "requires some special attention on the server side" from the longer explanation that I got NRT guys on TS and sent them the link to the indycar page that contains all the downloads and instructions, NRT tried everything, still no-go, we worked on it for a while but failed to get it to work and we have no explanation about why it won't work and I don't want to jack up our server trying to get it to work.

Offline WoofGM

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 3
  • Sim Racing since 1994........
    • Nascar Design Grafx
« Reply #5 on: 08/28/12, 12:07 AM »
Brian,
I still would suggest contacting Ian . I have raced this in 3 different leagues, so I know it is possible and it works. :13:
Keep Honking...................

I'm Still Reloading.............