Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
12/16/19, 06:18 AM

Author Topic: Seekonk Speedway  (Read 4602 times)

Offline NeoDart28

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 15
  • ANIME RACING
    • Racin Grafix
Seekonk Speedway
« on: 03/14/12, 03:03 PM »
i need i want Seekonk Speedway well where find?

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
Re: Seekonk Speedway
« Reply #1 on: 03/14/12, 03:48 PM »
Does not exists yet that I know of, but it is reported to be under construction at:

http://astgn2k3.simodified.com/

I read somewhere that somebody thought Orlando Speedworld would be a good stand in for the track, but from the pictures I have seen of Seekonk, it seems to me like Orlando is much more banked.

I was thinking maybe Beech Ridge might be a good stand in but it might be too flat.

Some NR2003 tracks that are 1/3rd mile you could check out to see if it fit your needs:
- Bridge City
- Canaan
- Catamount (I have used this track for online points race, had no issues)
- Dells
- Flamboro
- Golden Sands
- Hialeah
- Huntsville  (I have used this track for online points race, no issues)
- Laird
- New Brunswick (NBIS)
- New Asheville
- Peterborough
- Richmond Raceway (not THE Richmond, this one is an awesome 1/3rd mile track)
- Riverside (use the latest Riverside_NH, it ROCKS!!!)
- Speedway 95
- Spud
- Sunset
- Unity
- Wiscasset

If any of those interest you and you can't find them through the normal sources let me know, I will provide you with all the links I can find in the readme files that came with the track to help you locate the creator or place authorized to host them.

I have created my own personal database of NR2003 tracks and those listed are reported in their track.ini files as being between .330 and .333, if you would be interested in a list of tracks between .300 and .399 the list grows to 77 tracks that I have recorded, surely there are more.

Let me know if you want a longer list of tracks to try.

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #2 on: 03/14/12, 04:01 PM »
I can't find real good reference pictures of Seekonk, but from the pictures I can see, my first choice of tracks to use in place of Seekonk might be Riverside_NH, I have not used the track for an online race yet but testing it with other drivers was a real pleasure, using OutlawsGNS mod we can race side by side on that version of Riverside forever, competitively, it's a great track.

Beech Ridge was also very well done in my opinion.

Offline NeoDart28

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • ANIME RACING
    • Racin Grafix
« Reply #3 on: 03/14/12, 04:37 PM »
ah. idea can you give work i have map

Distance: 1/3 mile
Shape: Oval
Banking: 7 feet
Straight away lengths: 420 feet

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #4 on: 03/14/12, 10:24 PM »
Lots of tracks that shape and size, just need to find the one with the best match for the banking.

The info for the track says banking is 7 feet, meaning the outside of the corners is 7 feet higher than the inside of the corners, but it doesn't say the degrees of banking.

I don't make tracks, just figured I would give you a list of tracks that you an check out and see which matches Seekonk the closest.

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #5 on: 03/17/12, 01:21 AM »
I see over at Kickin Ashpalt they have a Seekonk beta on their schedule, you might try to contact them and ask about the track.

Offline NeoDart28

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • ANIME RACING
    • Racin Grafix
« Reply #6 on: 03/17/12, 10:51 AM »
allright think so from who HE?

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #7 on: 03/17/12, 01:02 PM »
Probably want to talk to Wayne, he is listed first on the contact page:  http://karseries.com/V6/contactus.html

Offline NeoDart28

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • ANIME RACING
    • Racin Grafix
« Reply #8 on: 03/17/12, 03:09 PM »
from Wayne

This is a beta track....not free for release, only to reheatred members of my league. Feel fee to sign up as a member at www.KARSeries.com

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 23
« Reply #9 on: 03/17/12, 04:31 PM »
I've been to both Seekonk and Beech Ridge in real life and Beech Ridge would probably be the best choice for a substitute for Seekonk.  The configurations and banking are probably pretty close, but the similarity ends with the configuration.  The scenery around Seekonk is much different than Beech Ridge with all of it's cement grandstands and turn 3-4 pit location.

One of our short track guys at NR2k3Tracks.com is working on a Seekonk project, but it will be quite some time before it's ready.