Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/15/19, 12:28 PM

Author Topic: Dells_stc pacecar problem  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
Dells_stc pacecar problem
« on: 03/12/12, 12:44 AM »
I love the little .333 mile Dells_stc track, but the darn pacecar won't leave the pits most of the time when the caution comes out, and the few times it does, after getting the 1-to-go it turns sharp left like it wants to make a u-turn into pit lane exit instead of driving on down to pit entrance.

When it does this hard left, it immediately throws the caution out for another lap, it comes back out on the track, and repeats the behavior the very next time around.

I searched around and cannot find another version or a fix for this track, does anyone know of a fix, or fixed version, or the last resort, anyone know how that can easily be fixed?

By easy I mean something that can be done with the track.ini, I have no experience in Sandbox.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can shed some light on this, I think it's a great little track and I really want to give it a shot hosting an online race.

Offline Mr_Too_Slow

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 1
Re: Dells_stc pacecar problem
« Reply #1 on: 03/12/12, 02:56 PM »
If you look at the .ptf file, when was it created?
I have 2 versions of the track, one where the ptf is from 6/30/2004 and one where it's from 3/31/2005. It's been a really long time since I ran it though so I don't remember how well it worked.

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #2 on: 03/12/12, 07:30 PM »
I have two versions as well.

One version has a ton of 3do and mip files not packed and there is the dells_stc.ptf file with a date of 6/30/2004.  NO DAT file.

The other "version" is named exactly the same and it has only the normal files you would see outside the DAT file, no PTF file, only extra files other than sim, cam, lp, and ini's are two .stp files.
All files in this one are dated from 2004 except the DAT file, it is dated 4/12/2007.

Unless I got mixed up, I tried both of these and had the same problem with both.

Offline Mr_Too_Slow

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #3 on: 03/13/12, 02:58 PM »
If the .ptf is from 2004 in both your versions it might be the same version twice and someone just packed it into a .dat in 2007?
There's a pacecar fix for the first version posted in the tracklist at nr2k3tracks,
in the ini (ai track) section put pace_merge_to_pit = 376 if it's currently 363.

If that doesn't work you can try the version with a .ptf from 2005 that I have:
 http://www.gamefront.com/files/21426114/dells_stc.zip
I just tried it and brought out 2 cautions and while the AI was a bit messy the pacecar came out for caution and went back in when he was supposed to.

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #4 on: 03/13/12, 10:11 PM »
Good deal, the pace car does come out late but he does come out  :13: