Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
12/15/19, 01:22 AM

Author Topic: Dirt Tracks Available  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Dave76

• Carset Painter
  • Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 23
Dirt Tracks Available
« on: 12/23/11, 11:09 PM »
WE didn't make anything here... this mod was created by Denis Rioux and the crew at www.desmodsracing.com

So it's an even further stretch that you would come here to vent your frustration with the result of the mod offered.

I simply posted a link to it from here so our members would know that it was available.

Exactly! This is not the developer's site. Thats why I thought it would be ok to say here "dang, I thought this was going to be a Grand National 1955 mod, and I was looking forward to that" without people getting so upset over it.

Well, enough about that subject.

So what are the hot tracks people are running this mod on? I've downloaded quite a few "dirt tracks" to run my GN63 and GN69ST cars on, and those tracks have been pretty hit or miss. Mostly miss. So what are the popular dirt tracks? Or your personal favorite dirt tracks?

Offline Wes

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 6
Re: Dirt Tracks Available
« Reply #1 on: 12/24/11, 12:17 AM »
My favorite one for the game is Fonda, and Firemans Park! Make sure you turn off all of you driving aids for dirt racing or else they won't slide!

Offline Dave76

• Carset Painter
  • Crew Chief
« Reply #2 on: 12/24/11, 09:15 PM »
My favorite one for the game is Fonda, and Firemans Park! Make sure you turn off all of you driving aids for dirt racing or else they won't slide!

I'll check 'em out. Thanks for the tip!   :victory:

BTW, I have one track called "Augusta Speedway 1963 - Dirt Track Version: 1.1". Its a good, fun track, but they overdid the dust being kicked up by the the cars, so you can't see anything ahead of you until its too late. Does anyone know of a version where the dust being kicked up by the cars is toned down a bit?

Offline Wes

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #3 on: 12/24/11, 10:38 PM »
Dave,
That's all you have to do is go into your settings and turn off particles etc. On your right Sid of the setting for graphics.
Merry christmas everybody

Wes

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
« Reply #4 on: 12/25/11, 01:29 AM »
Yep and turning off particles does not turn off smoke too, I had to turn particles off for the same reason, I wish I didn't have to though, I like a little bit of dust being kicked up at least when a car gets to the edges of the track.

Ransomville
Whiteside County
Clayton
OCFS Orange County
Weedsport
King County

Offline Fisha695

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -5
« Reply #5 on: 12/26/11, 05:10 AM »
As for tracks, the best ones I've found have been the "358" branded tracks from the Bullring. They actually drive like dirt tracks, whereas most of the other dirt tracks for the game (especially the older ones) are rather bad to the point where if you go to turn with to high a rate of speed you barrel roll.

There was a group recently making a bunch of dirt tracks for the (I believe it's called) "Rolling Thunder Racing" league, they're pretty good but the AI at a few of is kinda wonky.

Offline Dave76

• Carset Painter
  • Crew Chief
« Reply #6 on: 12/26/11, 09:53 PM »
Thanks for the tips on the tracks, and turning off "particles"!

I tried Fonda with moderate success, but I just couldn't get a handle on Fireman's Park. I'll have to take another shot at it, and also try those tracks Brian suggested.

Fisha, I've tried a couple of the "358" tracks, and got a "could not load track" error on them. Is there some trick to making them work?

Offline Wes

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #7 on: 12/27/11, 12:13 PM »
If this game responds to dirt set up's.....if your loose on dirt take a pound or two out of the rear tires. This will make the tire contact patch expand and soften up. If you're to loose, then put a couple pounds in the rear tires. That works on asphalt cars also.

Offline Mr_Too_Slow

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #8 on: 01/01/12, 10:56 AM »
Thanks for the tips on the tracks, and turning off "particles"!

I tried Fonda with moderate success, but I just couldn't get a handle on Fireman's Park. I'll have to take another shot at it, and also try those tracks Brian suggested.

Fisha, I've tried a couple of the "358" tracks, and got a "could not load track" error on them. Is there some trick to making them work?

What mod are you trying to run on them? If it's cup you'll have to add a file called fast.cup.sim (copy from another track).
If you're trying to run in arcade mode you'll have to copy a file called arcade.cup.acd from another track :)

Both fast.cup.sim and arcade.cup.acd are setup files that the AI need so it helps if you copy them from a similar track.

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
« Reply #9 on: 01/01/12, 12:58 PM »
If I remember correctly...  if you have the original cup series folder still in your series folder then you must have a fast.cup.sim file in each track folder.

If you do not have the original cup series you must have fast.<modPhysicsHere>.sim file in the track folder you are trying to open.

<modPhysicsHere> being one of: cup, gns, cts, pta

If you are trying to use a revamped-reloaded track, you may need to find their additional content that needs to go into your tracks/shared folder.