Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/21/19, 05:49 AM

Author Topic: lmpv2 and pta physics?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline chadden24

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 2
lmpv2 and pta physics?
« on: 09/15/11, 11:11 PM »
i saw somewhere that there were some lmpv2 car files in .gns and .pta format. where can a lmpv2 mod be found with pta physics??

Offline Matt

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 24
    • Sim-Racing Ohio
Re: lmpv2 and pta physics?
« Reply #1 on: 09/21/11, 05:21 PM »
I remember seeing this several years ago so I am not sure if the link is still active, but if you go to nr2k3tracks.com and go to the "Car and Mod List" it will be listed under "Super Late Models." That was the lmpv2 mod with .pta physics.
Matt Finney

Offline chadden24

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #2 on: 10/01/11, 02:44 PM »
yes i found it but the car model needs work because the car digs into the ground and does not look good. something in the .3do car file? anyway i tried running some tracks and it was fast as heck! i even converted some .gns late model cars to .pta. it was fun for a day but too much work to be done.

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #3 on: 10/01/11, 05:22 PM »
The car digging into the ground (specifically the 'player's' car) is an inherent problem with the .pta physics. It can be fixed by raising the car (I don't really know how but I'm sure someone here does) but then the rest of the field looks like they're 4-wheel drive. It's the trade-off for the speed & handling and, quite honestly, I only notice it while watching replays.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline chadden24

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #4 on: 10/01/11, 08:59 PM »
yes replays is were i noticed it too. my only real problem was set ups!! looooose and the ai seemed way off at 100% ai strength.......