Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/16/19, 07:02 AM

Author Topic: aero 88 mod wont load cars  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 0
    • For all your custom Graphic and Decals Needs
aero 88 mod wont load cars
« on: 07/02/11, 09:47 AM »
I cant see them in the game and wont load the weekend. anyone know of a fix for this?

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 58
    • Acme Signs
Re: aero 88 mod wont load cars
« Reply #1 on: 07/02/11, 03:25 PM »
In your 'Opponent Manager' do you happen to have 'Display Active Drivers Only' checked/selected? If so, uncheck it and any new drivers should be at the bottom of the list. Select whoever you want and be sure to 'Save' the roster.

As for the 'Weekend' problem...is that in Testing, Single, Career? I'm not sure that I've ever seen a 'Weekend' option in the game.

Also, I realize that problems within the game can, at times, be extremely frustrating, but a single sentence describing your problem isn't very much to go by. The more info you supply (what you did, how you did what you did, etc.) would go a long way towards your getting help. You don't go to a mechanic and say, 'my car makes a funny noise' and expect them to know exactly what the problem is. OK...some people do do that.
I went outside once. The graphics weren't all that great.
I suffer from CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
If you can't spill it, it ain't 'paint'!

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
« Reply #2 on: 07/03/11, 10:17 AM »
ok, yeah, sorry about that. I cant get the cars to appear in the opponent manager, and it wont load yesting, single race or career. I have all of the car files (286 to be exact) none show up on the display at the bottom right where you can import and export. they also will not show when I am choosing th car I want to play as. When installing the mod It did show me "Error: Line #3 could not be found" or something along those lines, any idea about that? All of the other mods are working just fine.... hope that helps. I really want to play this mod!

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #3 on: 07/03/11, 10:45 AM »
Sounds like maybe you need to uninstall the mod and do a cleanup of all Aero88 files and try again!

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #4 on: 07/03/11, 11:08 AM »
I agree with Dave, delete the aero 88 folder and install just the mod. Check to see if it works before adding any cars.

If it works, then add carsets 1 set at a time... and test each time before adding another set to find the bogus car file that's causing you issues if that's what it is.
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #5 on: 07/03/11, 01:17 PM »
Also, cars aren't going to show up in the Import/Export option. The way that works is you paint up a car, save it as a .tga file, pop it into the export_import folder in the mod's root folder, create a new car (or overwrite an existing one) and then use the 'Import' feature. I wouldn't be too concerned about nothing showing up in there just yet.

I'd go with following Dave's & Roberts' advice above about a reinstall. And especially Robert's. A corrupted/mis-named .car file (which may/may not be what your error was about) can cause the cars to not display.

Offline Russell Miller

• Crew Chief
« Reply #6 on: 07/03/11, 04:09 PM »
i litterally mean no cars are showing up. the screen is there, everything is like normal only nothing is in the screen rotating, no cars ,but the pit crews are there..... ive uninstalled and reinstalled and it still wont show. ive even tried different sites to download from. wonder if the mod wont work on my computer for some reason...

Offline Sage

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
    • Acme Signs
« Reply #7 on: 07/03/11, 05:32 PM »
When you reinstalled it did you get the error you mentioned earlier again?

The only other thing I can think of that immediately pops into my head is that the Aero88 mod uses the .cts physics. If you don't have the .cts mod (and the attendant physics that it installs) installed to your NR2003 game the cars may not show up.
If you don't already have the PWF CTS mod you can get it -> Here <- (note: there are low & hi res versions and it is called 'PWF Truck Series Mod').

And finally, you don't say if your NR2003 game is 'patched' but I'm guessing so because you say other mods work just fine. There's a nice tutorial on a proper sequence to install updates & mods ->Here <-. You might give it a look and try. There are differing opinions about whether you need to install everything recommended in that post but I've followed it religiously for years and I've never had a problem with a mod (I've got 32 mods in 5 separate installs if that is any indication that maybe following those recommendations work).

Offline racnfan

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: -2
« Reply #8 on: 09/09/11, 10:50 AM »
Sounds like you might have 1 of 2 problems.

A corrupted aero88.dat file, or wrong physics(i.e. car file extensions)

Cup physics(*.cup.car)
Cts physics(*.cts.car)
Gns physics(*.gns.car)
Pta physics(*.car) or (*.pta.car)both will work

Keep in mind that the car file extension should match the make_a_(***).3do

Offline Krusty

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #9 on: 09/09/11, 12:41 PM »
What and where did you download it from?  There are two versions floating around out there. One has the update included and one does not, so you have to also have the update. :victory: