Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 04:00 PM

Author Topic: Badlands Byway Released! Get it Now!  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
Re: Badlands Byway Released! Get it Now!
« Reply #10 on: 02/06/11, 10:39 PM »
I think you made that track for me Chadley, I have never liked a road course as much as I like this one.

Due to the Super Bowl, we had only 5 drivers show up, we ran the TVC Street Stock mod with GNS physics, 25 laps, cautions turned off, damage set to moderate.

The 25 laps did mean one trip to the pits for fuel, one guy tried to make it but ran out of gas before completing lap 23.

Other than the first lap, and a couple laps around my pit stop, all my other lap times were within 1 second of each other.

The 25 lap race took 28 mins and 30 seconds to complete, and that's with a pit stop in the middle of it :)

This track is by far my favorite road course, maybe because it has plenty of "racing" room, or because you can get a little aggressive with it, don't know, but I need to start planning an event that uses this track.

Not sure how many road course fans there are out there but maybe I can host a bi-annual event for this track, I would say annual but I want to race it more than that =)

:13:  :13:  :13:

Offline Chadley

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 26
    • Dakotagraph
« Reply #11 on: 02/07/11, 06:23 AM »
Very cool Brian. Glad to hear you are enjoying it that much. Thanks for the race update and I hope future events go as well.

We will have Black Hills Backroads coming out soon.

Offline Derek Lacey

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 20
    • Bear Bait Racing Group
« Reply #12 on: 02/07/11, 09:59 AM »
Ok Chadley, what "cheat" did you secretly provide Brian with for this track?

He absolutely KILLLED us! Lots of fun though, nice job on it.

Derek
Derek Lacey-Bear Bait Racing Group Administrator and Driver.
http://www.bearbaitracing.net/

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #13 on: 02/07/11, 11:36 AM »
LOL

Well it wasn't that bad Derek, I don't think I passed you until we were on lap 25...  err.. I meant lapped  :)

It was just because I drove 25 laps without making a big mistake, I made some little ones but that's what great about this track, I can get aggressive, make little mistakes, and not pay huge penalty for them, big mistakes of course, you get 3 or 4 tires off the pavement your gonna lose a lot of time, but you can get a couple tires off and not lose too much, or even the sharp turns, they are built like an oval, you can overdrive them and leave a lot of rubber, do some drifting, and still not be eating rocks because there's enough pavement to play with.

p.s. tried PTA physics on this track with the OWR07 mod, 61.4 second lap and it could be better.

Offline Chadley

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 26
    • Dakotagraph
« Reply #14 on: 02/07/11, 12:17 PM »
Ok Chadley, what "cheat" did you secretly provide Brian with for this track?

He absolutely KILLLED us! Lots of fun though, nice job on it.

Derek

Sounds to me like he's just got a lot more practice on it than even me. Glad you guys are having fun with it.

Offline Derek Lacey

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 20
    • Bear Bait Racing Group
« Reply #15 on: 02/07/11, 01:43 PM »
Thats how I know he's cheating, he really doesn't. lol

I have a feeling we will be announcing a special event with this track soon though. :)
Derek Lacey-Bear Bait Racing Group Administrator and Driver.
http://www.bearbaitracing.net/

Offline Brian Peters

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #16 on: 02/08/11, 03:28 AM »
Yeah, not really much practice, the track just fit me like a glove, after 10 laps on the thing I felt like I had been driving it for years  :)

I don't really care much for the OWR07 mod because no matter what, it just doesn't feel right(if you are expecting it to drive like an open wheel car with tons of downforce), so I got TPTCC installed again and love the PTA physics.

Here's a TPTCC lap, 61.6 seconds and I still made mistakes, I really think a perfect lap with PTA physics will break 1 minute.

http://vimeo.com/19675072