Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10/21/19, 05:19 AM

Author Topic: Ace Speedway Modified ?  (Read 2699 times)

Offline jjones27320

• Jackman
  • Coolness: -1
Ace Speedway Modified ?
« on: 09/29/10, 11:47 AM »
Does anyone know if the modified version of Ace Speedway with the better grip was ever finished or if someone knows how to improve the grip on the current track. I have the modified versions of Caraway and Southern National and some others and would love to have it for Ace
Jonathan

Offline cweagle

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 0
Re: Ace Speedway Modified ?
« Reply #1 on: 09/30/10, 07:16 AM »
go into you tracks folder and click on Ace Speedway, then in that folder click on the track file and then go down to track_asphalt_grip and change the number there and do the same to the line below it.

Offline jjones27320

• Jackman
« Reply #2 on: 09/30/10, 09:50 AM »
Thanks alot
Jonathan

Offline cweagle

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #3 on: 09/30/10, 10:01 AM »
no problem. i have had to ask for help and know what its like.

Offline jjones27320

• Jackman
« Reply #4 on: 10/01/10, 10:09 AM »
i tried what you said, and when i tried to reload the track in the game it said there was a file error. Should I use a certain program to edit the .ini file? I was using Wordpad.
Jonathan

Offline R. Patton

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
« Reply #5 on: 10/01/10, 11:41 AM »
I use note pad. It also matters what the track is actually made of, meaning asphalt, paint, concrete and etc. By changing the asphalt may not get you what you want, it all depends on how the track is designed. The surface may not actually be asphalt as many track makers use different things to get more than one groove in the track. Many tracks have an asphalt and concrete mix to get two grooves.

I looked at it in sandbox, and on Ace speedway 2005, the whole track is asphalt, here is the texture view from it. Grey is asphalt.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Rich Patton
DYNO Racing

Offline jjones27320

• Jackman
« Reply #6 on: 10/01/10, 01:27 PM »
hmmm,  i'll try it again, any ideas on what to try, would it be possible you could modify a track.ini file that will work and email it to me? I just want a little more grip to imitate the modifieds, it seems a little slick to me.
Jonathan

Offline R. Patton

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
« Reply #7 on: 10/01/10, 05:08 PM »
if you are running whelens, then you have to change the grip for GNS, if you are running skmod, then it would be the cts grip. Many track ini files have separate setting for different physics and if you only change the main grip, then it will not effect the other ones listed in there. look for a section just below that that starts out about either cts or gns. The Whelen mod should be GNS, and the SKmod is cts. Same cars, same models, just different physics.

Rich Patton
DYNO Racing

Offline jjones27320

• Jackman
« Reply #8 on: 10/04/10, 12:52 PM »
i found where to change the physics for each chasis type, but it seems like any thing that I change on the .ini file and attempt to save it. when i open the track in the game it shows an error message, I even tried using editing it with wordpad, notepad and some program i downloaded from online that was for editing .ini files. I must be totaly doing this wrong. I'm just gonna give up on this and learn to drive it like it is. lol thanks
Jonathan

Offline Keith Joseph

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
    • Earthscapes Landscaping Inc.
« Reply #9 on: 10/05/10, 06:13 PM »
Does anyone know if the modified version of Ace Speedway with the better grip was ever finished or if someone knows how to improve the grip on the current track.

Still in beta form, not public release yet.