Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/21/19, 11:27 PM

Author Topic: Today 10yrs ago today we lost Adam Petty..  (Read 1621 times)

Offline bamanut28

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 1
Today 10yrs ago today we lost Adam Petty..
« on: 05/12/10, 07:18 AM »
in honor please match my donation of $45 to victory junction.. http://www.victoryjunction.org/  Help keep Adam's dream alive..

Offline Michael Fortune

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 1
  • RacinGrafix Driver and Painter
Re: Today 10yrs ago today we lost Adam Petty..
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/10, 08:25 AM »
Dude if I had the cash on me right now I would. But imo everyone talks about Earnhardt and guys like Adam have been overlooked.I thinlk its good you made this post to make some people remember him. I remember coming home from school and hearing on the news he had died. I was really in shock this was a young driver not much older that me at the time who lost his life before his career got started.

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 183
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #2 on: 05/12/10, 12:46 PM »
In memory of Adam! Great initiative. Thanks for reminding us. He's truly missed!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline Scott Streed

• Tire Changer
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #3 on: 05/14/10, 07:39 AM »
I was at Adams First win in ASA it was at I-70 speedway he was sponsered by Sprint (headquatered here in KC). He came from 2 laps down to win the race I was working for TNN for that race. The camara guy and I were the first people to his car and he was on his cell phone calling his mom (there were in Califonia for the cup race). He said mom guess what I WON I WON. As I was looking in his car he looked up at me and had a big smile gave me a thumbs up. :13:

Offline srm4hvk29

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 10
  • Go Harvick!
« Reply #4 on: 05/14/10, 05:32 PM »
That's pretty cool, Scott. It is real sad that he never really got a chance to show his stuff. Up until his death, I didn't realize how dangerous racing was. That was a bad stretch losing three drivers in that short of time.
Rev. Stephen Musclow
Graphics Engineer