Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/21/19, 10:53 PM

Author Topic: **Spoiler**Sprint Cup Series at Atlanta  (Read 6759 times)

Offline lifeinflames93

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
Re: **Spoiler**Sprint Cup Series at Atlanta
« Reply #30 on: 03/10/10, 08:50 PM »
Honestly and I know I'm about to get told off, I love restrictor plate racing. I find it amazing and so entertaing, and on edge, even on the game I love it as a driver. I'm just scared because Talladega is too fast NOW. Daytona will be too fast SOON.

Offline MattW

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: -8
« Reply #31 on: 03/10/10, 09:46 PM »
"2. This is being blown out of proportion due to the fact that Kes went airborne...Carl didn't intend that...he wanted to wreck him (still wrong), not send him flying. I've seen payback happen before...this was one of those freak crashes."

EXACTLY! It's NASCAR's fault if anything for putting a untested car on the track. That wing is picking the cars up! Watch the trunk lid, it pulls up on both Edwards at Talladega and BK at Alanta, and Newman's too for that matter. That wing is picking these cars up and because of that now "The boys can't be boys". Whatever happened to 79? The Fight, or how about 99 Bristol, Earnhardt vs Terry? Or Rusty vs Gordon at Bristol. The Pass In The Grass, all of that was caused by agressive driving exactly like what Edwards did. Slap the spoiler on, get rid of the splitter and make that a straight down peice like that old days, and lets get to racing!

The Wing is not picking the cars up, it's not at an aggressive enough angle to do that.

It the height of the rear floor to the floorpan.  You lower that rear end down to the ground to match the rest of it, and you won't see as many flying cars.

I've seen V8 Supercars get spun doing 300km/h+(186mph) just as violently and they don't pick up like that.

Offline BNS Racing

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 11
« Reply #32 on: 03/10/10, 09:47 PM »
That would make putting the spoiler on useless. A car going backwards at 220+ at Daytona or Talladega, spoiler or not, will fly.

Lower the cubic inches from 360 or what ever the current NASCAR spec is to 310 cu in, and limit the size of the carb to say 360 CFM........

Offline markmartin5

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 0
  • My computer sucks.
« Reply #33 on: 03/11/10, 09:05 AM »
Honestly and I know I'm about to get told off, I love restrictor plate racing. I find it amazing and so entertaing, and on edge, even on the game I love it as a driver. I'm just scared because Talladega is too fast NOW. Daytona will be too fast SOON.
I think alot of people would agree with you on that.
What do you call 10,000 Restrictor plates at the bottom of the ocean?
A Good Start.

You might be a NASCAR fan if you can remember every driver and their car number but can't remember how old your children are!

Offline lifeinflames93

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
« Reply #34 on: 03/11/10, 01:48 PM »
The reason the V8 Supercars don't is because they have a wicker on the wing that stands straight up at the top that's a couple inches. With the wing being and air brake instead of generating lift. If what you say is true then how come the old car, which had a higher rear bumper didn't pick up like this on a regular basis. Larry Mac is a former crew cheif, and Jack Roush who came up with the roof flaps, both have said it's the wing. They both have a firm understanding of areodynamics of these race cars, espacally Roush, and Indy has actually fought this problem too. Marco Andretti in the Indy 500 a few years back did this and they modified the rear wing, hasn't happened since. Also the rear of the car, with it being a quarter circle throws air up directly underneath the wing, and once the car picks up, the roof flaps deploy but the wing blocks the air going to them. The V8 Supercars are a total differant shape and are irrevlant to a Nascar Car of Today race car.

[attachment deleted by admin]