Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/17/19, 08:17 AM

Author Topic: ***SPOILER*** Bud Shootout  (Read 1772 times)

Malachi Hamilton69

***SPOILER*** Bud Shootout
« on: 02/07/10, 07:21 AM »
Thoughts? Questions? I just wanna say it was a great race and HARVICK WON!!! GO 29 GO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 02/07/10, 12:48 PM by Robert Vining »

Offline nascarfreak88

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
Re: Bud Shootout
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/10, 09:01 AM »
I thought it was disappointing ending under caution. I think NASCAR should have brought back the unlimited Green-White-Checker rule. It would have given others another chance. Not particularly a fan of Harvick, but its good that he won.

NintendoBoy

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/10, 09:23 AM »
My opinion is at least give them 3 attempts to do a green white checkered because I know every single time that a wreck happens

Offline Azevedo

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 15
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/10, 09:30 AM »
for me it was very entertaining - several good saves - and it looks like they have to work the gas/brake peddle a lot more with the larger plate

quadmaster

« Reply #4 on: 02/07/10, 10:13 AM »
JMO;I think we are in for a wreck-fested 500 with the change in the bump-draft rule.The drivers are going to get toooo aggressive and over anxious trying to fit and go through any hole they see ;not giving enough clearance.True it may be a more exciting race for the fans ;but how many good cars will not be around for the finish?

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/10, 11:02 AM »
McMurray should have won that race.  Its too bad Kahne and Biffle blocked the track up by staying out and Harvick just shoved his way through.  I thought the race had to end under green they said that during one of the many shows on tv last week. 
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline Corey Carpenter

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 7
« Reply #6 on: 02/07/10, 11:52 AM »
glad im not the only one who saw that
on the pre race show or whatever, they showed the new rules
one of them was it had to end under green... im sure of it
i was like... wtf when harvicks crew started celebrating
When Davey Allison went to heaven, he was met at the gate by Alan Kulwicki.  Behind Alan, Davey could see the #7 and #28 cars.  Alan said "Man this place is great.  The cars are setup perfect!"  Then Davey saw the #3 car and exclaimed  "Oh No!  Not Dale too!"  Alan said "No, THAT'S the car God races

Offline ShiftNOS18

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 2
    • Shift's Cup90 Offline Series
« Reply #7 on: 02/07/10, 11:53 AM »
As I said on another forum....McMurray has really impressed me...dude is probably the most underrated plate racer out there.

Offline d_huffman

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 9
    • My Myspace page
« Reply #8 on: 02/07/10, 12:02 PM »
It definitely was an exciting race overall. I would have liked to see it end under green flag like they said earlier that it would, but, hey, it's NASCAR!!! I think the 500 will definitely be a good show with the rule changes in place. I hope that this will bring racing back to what it should be. It's like they said last night, I don't think the drivers will get to crazy out there. Although NASCAR has stepped back a bit now, the drivers still have to answer to team owners, sponsors, .etc for their actions.