Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
08/25/19, 05:36 PM

Author Topic: What I expect for 2010.  (Read 1036 times)

Offline nascarfreak88

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 2
What I expect for 2010.
« on: 02/06/10, 10:52 PM »
My expectations for drivers this year:

00. David Reutimann: I've been pulling for this guy forever. It's about time he shined. He seems he will get some top 10 finishes.
09. Aric Almirola: If Miccosukee hadn't pulled out, I would have expected a year like the 34 team last year.
1. Jamie McMurray: With his performance in the Shootout, I feel moving to EGR was a good career move.
2. Kurt Busch: I expect him to be nothing more or less that last year.
5. Mark Martin: He has to be the next champion. He is the fan favorite, emotional favorite, and favorite among teams. However, his age may be holding him back.
6. David Ragan: I hope he comes in this year like he did in 2008; a serious contender for the chase. His career is starting much like Jamie Mac's
7. Robbie Gordon: If he had better equipment, and some luck, I feel he could be a contender. Scaling back and merging with BAM were great ideas.
9. Kasey Kahne: The transfer to Ford is good for Kahne. He never seemed to do well in Dodges. He could be a contender for a win every weekend.
11. Denny Hamlin: I feel he will have a similar year as last year.
12. Brad Keselowski: This guy drives with fire. He is the most aggressive driver out there; however, moving from Hendrick power to Penske, he may not make a huge move.
14. Tony Stewart: I feel he will have the same season as last year.
16. Greg Biffle: He will do good. I still hope he will be the first driver to win championships in all 3 series.
17. Matt Kenseth: Roush had an off year last year. That happens to the best of teams. This could be Kenseth's year to pull off a top 5 or even top 3.
18. Kyle Busch: He either wins or crashes trying to win. He needs to be consistent to be in the chase.
19. Elliott Sadler: Since he is back to Ford, he may impress us this year.
20. Joey Logano: His age is his weakness. He lacks experience so he may have a similar season as last year. Or, he may pull a miracle out of his @$$ like Kyle Busch did in 08.
21. Bill Elliott: Good to see them qualify 4th for the 500, but they struggle practically everywhere else.
24. Jeff Gordon: 2nd baby issues? I think so.
26. Boris Said: With a driver like Boris, being locked into the first 5 races, and a little luck, he can stay in the top 35.
29. Kevin Harvick: Should make the chase as always. I'm more interested for his plans next year.
31. Jeff Burton: RCR needs to step it up, and Jeff has the WORST luck of any driver out there.
32. Reed Sorenson: I wish this team could run full season. They have good success in the Nationwide series, and is about time to move to cup.
33. Clint Bowyer: See 31.
34. Travis Kvapil: Hope to see good stuff from FRM this year with Gilliland and Kvapil reunited, transition to Ford, and Mahindra and Extenze coming on as sponsors, which translates to $.
36. Mike Bliss: Talented on short tracks, but team has not had much success. With the #35 starting and parking to support it, this team's success may have to wait one more year.
37. Kevin Conway: see 34
38. Robert Richardson: see 34
39. Ryan Newman: Seems Tony has stepped it up. He could be a factor for a couple wins this year.
42. JPM: Could be another champion possibility or a close 2nd.
43. A.J. Allmendinger: RPM with Ford now may have a competitive edge.
46. Terry Cook: Just another start and park team. Watch.
47. Marcos Ambrose: will no kidding, win on a road course this year, but maybe an oval, and, dare I say, a chase contender.
48. Jimmie Johnson: All hype right now, and with a baby on the way, I don't see a 5th championship.
49. David Gilliland: see 7
55. Michael McDowell: One of the worst/ best things this team can do. If planning to finish, should get rid of the 66. However, this is good to support the 66 by parking.
56. Martin Truex Jr.: Should have explored more opportunities befor joining MWR.
66. Dave Blaney: see 55
71. Bobby Labonte: The 96 was going nowhere, and the 71 was a good choice. Not top 10 material, but the 2000 Champ may pull off some top 15 finishes every week..
77. Sam Hornish Jr.: Steve Addington has supposedly improved all 3 cars of Penske. I expect a repeat of last year.
78. Regan Smith: Scaling back last year was the best thing this team could do. The alliance with RCR and getting the 07 everything, this car will be good.
82. Scott Speed: Needed more seat time in the Nationwide series before being rushed to cup. This will be just another experience year.
83. Brian Vickers: Another win or two, and a solid chase contender.
87. Joe Nemecheck: Deserves better. Very underrated.
88. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Heard Hendrick was focusing more on his team this year. Also heard there may be a mental thing behind this.
90. Casey Mears: Looks like a Chevy version of a Junie Donlavey car. I don't expect this car to be good, doing just enough to be in the top 35, or even resorting to start and park.
98. Paul Menard: Just looks like last year..
99. Carl Edwards: Hope he does better than last year. Another championship contender, and could have done it last year if it weren't for the Roush slump.

Of course my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm actually eager for this season.