Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
09/17/19, 07:14 AM

Author Topic: anyone else see this  (Read 6035 times)

Offline MattW

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: -8
Re: anyone else see this
« Reply #20 on: 01/23/10, 12:24 AM »
However, I want a Green-White-Checkered finish, even if the yellow flies on the last lap.  and Multiple GWC's if needed.  Like the trucks used to be.
Agreed.

I'd like to see the cup guys limited to 10 Nationwide starts a year, period.  And NO Cup guy (in the top 35 in cup points) can gain an automatic starting spot (top 30 in points), they have to go or go home, maybe only the top 5 make the race.  That will make Nationwide owners stand up and hire some non-cup guys. The lone exception would be driving for independent Nationwide teams such as KHI, Baker-Curb, Braun and Rusty Wallace Racing.   Even better, drop the lock in rule in each series and offer "provisionals", maybe 5 in cup, 5 in Nationwide and 3 in trucks.
Agreed.

Separate the Nationwide Series from Cup more.  No more than 50% of those Nationwide races should be companion events with cup.  Take the Nationwide cars to Irwindale, Mansfield, Pikes Peak, Memphis, Milwaukee, etc...  Get them away from Cup as much as possible.
Agreed, but Milwaukee doesn't have a race this year, and instead are going to a MUCH better track.

All tracks wanting to host a national series event should be required to install lights.  There have been multiple events canceled because they dont have lights.  It's amazing that these multi million dollar facilities (see Kansas) didn't plan for lights (remember Chicagoland had to add the infrastructure to have lights for the 2008 event).  Maybe exclude Indianpolis and the road courses from this for now, but Dover, Kansas, Talladega, Martinsville, Pocono and Michigan need to step up to the 21st century.  A night race at Dover and Martinsville would be cool.
Ehhhh, debatable.

How about a prime time race on a Sunday that starts at 6PM and should be over by 10PM??
No, no no no nonononoNO.
Most people have to go to work on Monday.  How would you like it if you had to be in work for 6am on a Monday morning, and didn't get home until 2-3AM that morning?

Richmond and Charlotte need to have a day and night race each, not two night races a piece.
Agreed, but Richmond doesn't need a second race.  Bring it to a different short track that's deserving.

Lastly, dump the 2nd California race for a night race in Las Vegas.  One of the neatest tracks on the tour in one of the coolest cities.  
Agreed, but drop the first Vegas race for somewhere else.

All in all I like what they've done, I still say we need more short tracks and road courses though. :D

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #21 on: 01/23/10, 11:04 AM »
Agreed, but Milwaukee doesn't have a race this year, and instead are going to a MUCH

My point was to take away the races at the cup tracks and add these in their places.  Road America, Kentucky, Nashville, Gateway, Iowa and Montreal are all safe. 

The Sunday night Prime Time race could be a west coast race, so the people get out by 7PM (Pacific Time) but it runs in the Prime Time slot for the Eastern half of the country. 
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline Bobby17

• Jackman
  • Coolness: 0
« Reply #22 on: 01/23/10, 03:46 PM »
More short tracks would be great but most short tracks in the country don't seat enough people to make this a profitable choice, & let's face it NASCAR is a business & if it doesn't make money it will cease to exist. So unfortunately the short track won't be added they had to change the truck schedule years ago to save the series. (check Wikipedia) they list the schedules for the first few years amazing schedules but not profitable. More road course's would be better but a lot of drivers would complain.

Offline Corey Carpenter

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 7
« Reply #23 on: 01/23/10, 04:32 PM »
More road course's would be better but a lot of drivers would complain.
Marcos Ambrose wouldn't complain  :D
When Davey Allison went to heaven, he was met at the gate by Alan Kulwicki.  Behind Alan, Davey could see the #7 and #28 cars.  Alan said "Man this place is great.  The cars are setup perfect!"  Then Davey saw the #3 car and exclaimed  "Oh No!  Not Dale too!"  Alan said "No, THAT'S the car God races

Offline Bobby17

• Jackman
« Reply #24 on: 01/23/10, 05:55 PM »
That's true Marcus ran the V8 super cars which has no ovals on they're schedule, he won at least 2 championships in that series. There are other drivers that wouldn't complain like Jeff & Robby Gordon, Stewart, Montoya, as well as some others but a lot of guys would complain. They might get some more road racers come run races which would be cool.

Malachi69

« Reply #25 on: 01/24/10, 12:18 PM »
How about ALL races start at noon so they can be over by 5:00 and all night races starting at 6:00 that way the people who have to go to work on Monday's can get home in time!

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
« Reply #26 on: 01/24/10, 01:54 PM »
I like the 1:00 deal, gives people a chance to get home from Church.  And we know how religious the southeast is, so that is VERY important.  I'd venture to say 40-50% of the viewers of NASCAR are from the southeast.
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Malachi69

« Reply #27 on: 01/24/10, 01:59 PM »
yeah they are!

Offline Corey Carpenter

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 7
« Reply #28 on: 01/24/10, 02:59 PM »
I like the 1:00 deal, gives people a chance to get home from Church.  And we know how religious the southeast is, so that is VERY important.  I'd venture to say 40-50% of the viewers of NASCAR are from the southeast.
maybe even more...
but yea.. im from the southeast... and i have friends from up north and out west who are hardcore nascar fans :)
When Davey Allison went to heaven, he was met at the gate by Alan Kulwicki.  Behind Alan, Davey could see the #7 and #28 cars.  Alan said "Man this place is great.  The cars are setup perfect!"  Then Davey saw the #3 car and exclaimed  "Oh No!  Not Dale too!"  Alan said "No, THAT'S the car God races

Offline markmartin5

• Veteran Driver
  • My computer sucks.
« Reply #29 on: 01/24/10, 03:08 PM »
I've seen license plates from about 40 different states and Canada here in Daytona just for fanfest! So I know there are fans from all over.
What do you call 10,000 Restrictor plates at the bottom of the ocean?
A Good Start.

You might be a NASCAR fan if you can remember every driver and their car number but can't remember how old your children are!