Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 10:13 AM

Author Topic: Figured I would share a story.  (Read 1956 times)

Shawn Musick

Figured I would share a story.
« on: 01/18/10, 11:08 AM »
A friend of mine rolled his car during the helmet dash. With only about 1 hour till feature time, we worked and worked to get the car back on the track. He ended up finishing 7th out of 19 in the feature.

Moral of the story....he won the Track Championship by 7 points.

Check out some of the pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shawn Musick

Re: Figured I would share a story.
« Reply #1 on: 01/18/10, 11:08 AM »
more

Shawn Musick

« Reply #2 on: 01/18/10, 11:09 AM »
and more

Shawn Musick

« Reply #3 on: 01/18/10, 11:09 AM »
last one.

Shawn Musick

« Reply #4 on: 01/18/10, 11:13 AM »
Fans got their monies worth this past Saturday, June 27 at Midvale Speedway. From start to finish, racing was closely contested and way on the wild side. It started with an upside down Late Model in the dash race and ended with a twelve car demolition derby style Figure 8 between two feuding families.

The McIntosh Oil Company Late Model division put on another good show for fans with and 18-car starting field. Bob Schneider, Jr., still looking for that elusive first feature win, controlled the pace early. On lap eight, Rich Marcum, who returned to racing for the first time since early in the season, showed no signs of any problems after bicep surgery and took the lead. Marcum made things look easy and went on to claim his second straight Mid-Season Championship trophy. The Crossroad's Pizza/Norcia's Bakery #27 was followed by Mark Willison, Greg Beule, Schneider, and Mike Miller. Ernie Shook, Bubba Smith, Jonathan Reitter, Rich Dessecker, and George Riddle. The night started with a dash race flip by Bubba Smith. Carefully, the track crew rolled the car back over gently. Smith and crew worked before intermission to ready it for the feature race and the car ran pretty well in the 25-lap event. John Sluka won the dash, while Schneider and Dessecker won the heats. Smith was the fast qualifier.

Offline Keith Joseph

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
    • Earthscapes Landscaping Inc.
« Reply #5 on: 01/18/10, 01:50 PM »
Cool, not that he flipped, cause that sucks been there, cause he won the championship. We won our championship in 2007 by 3 points. 35 lap feature and the motor blew while leading on lap 30.