Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
08/25/19, 05:16 PM

Author Topic: Nationwide Series to run at Road America  (Read 4271 times)

Offline JimFoose

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: -4
    • American Sim Racing Series
Re: Nationwide Series to run at Road America
« Reply #10 on: 12/30/09, 11:36 AM »
I think Road America might be here to stay.  Nationwide has been known to revive these tracks (see Mexico and Montreal) and having 3 road course races a year is a rather good idea.  It allows teams to amortize a new chassis over 3 races a year rather than 1 or 2.  Rather than it costing 50% of a chassis cost, it now costs 33.3% per event.  I sincerely hope Milwaukee is back in the near future, I know all to well what it is like to lose your home track and big event (I've worked at Mansfield Motorsports Park since 2005).  Now, in a strange twist of fate, Mansfield may gain the truck date from Milwaukee. 

What I think will happen in 2011 is if Milwaukee is stable and able to run the races, they will get them.  Maybe the 2nd Nashville truck race and 2nd Gateway Nationwide race will be the donors for Milwaukee. 
Jim Foose
President & General Manager
American Sim Racing Series
http://www.americansimracing.com
Email: jim@americansimracing.com
AOL IM: FOOSERACING42

Offline Bryan Dehn

• Jackman
  • Coolness: 2
« Reply #11 on: 12/30/09, 04:06 PM »
Yeah the family has been going to Milwaukee for quite a few years now for the weekend deal with camping an such. We also went to Michigan a lot, but it just got too far to drive around the big pond. Road America is actually closer to us and will go there this year.

Personally I don't know where I would rather see the race. I guess I will find out this year lol. I like to see some road courses, but live is a different beast to not see the whole field.

Offline MattW

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: -8
« Reply #12 on: 01/21/10, 11:39 AM »
Gonna be the best race all year, imo.

Bryan, that's part of the thing with going to a circuit race, you're not restricted on where you have to stay tyhe entire race.  You can get up and walk around and view different parts of the track.

Seein the cars blast through The Kink should be amazing.