Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
05/25/18, 09:52 AM

Author Topic: Super Cup Stock Car Series 2017  (Read 503 times)

Offline RacerRon13

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 12
    • RacinGrafix
Super Cup Stock Car Series 2017
« on: 02/16/18, 11:27 PM »
The Super Cup Stock Car Series was created from the ashes of the USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series in 2008.   It's a low-buck series that visits tracks in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee.  Last summer, I was able to make it to one of their visits to Jennerstown.  They had a record 24 cars on hand.  I scrambled to get as many photos of each car as possible to make a set for NR2003.  Although I have many unfinished projects in the paint booth, I'm focusing on completing this set first.  It's a challenge because there is no mod available that accurately replicates the SCSCS cars.  They vary quite a bit.  Some are old Hooters cars, while others came from the Busch or ARCA Series.  My first decision was to determine which mod worked best for this set.  Cup2000 would have been a good choice, but the mod adds spoiler supports and most SCSCS cars don't have them.  The NNC07 mod was seriously considered, but I wasn't sure how the older Chevys would look... plus an early-2000's template was never made for them.  So, I decided on just using the original Cup/Busch Series bodies.  Still, it will be quite a challenge because the series has such a mish mash of bodies and front/back bumpers.  The worst are three particular Chevy which have older bodies... one being a Ford... but a newer Cup-type Chevrolet SS front end.  With that in mind, I KNOW I need to put aside my perfectionist ways and just do the best I can... and accept it.  I've got about 10 cars started.  Between the 24 cars I got pictures of and others I have reference pictures of, I hope to have close to 30 cars done from 2017.  I've started with some of the easiest cars to do.  Yet, believe me, they've still taken some time to do and still need more done to complete them.  I try my best to add details which set them apart from just using generic templates.  In cases where I didn't get photos of things like spoilers or front grills, I'll use ones on the templates or try to create my own.  You can see in the in-car screenie a couple of the real spoilers.   I know I'm notorious for not getting sets completed.  I just get burned out... or just worn out from my job.  But, this IS my priority.  I may occasionally take a break to complete the MANY Late Models on my to-do list.  I'll keep y'all updated on the progress.
« Last Edit: 02/16/18, 11:38 PM by RacerRon13 »

Offline ongias25

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 23
Re: Super Cup Stock Car Series 2017
« Reply #1 on: 02/17/18, 03:14 AM »
Looking good Ron!

Offline J.R.Franklin

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 21
« Reply #2 on: 02/18/18, 10:08 AM »
Nice!  Looking forward to this set, Ron. 

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 178
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
« Reply #3 on: 02/19/18, 06:56 PM »
That's cool. I was just looking up local racing to me here in Texas.... not much asphalt racing going on locally.

Nice work on this so far!
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Roberts Web Design

Offline fastway

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 2
    • Vintage Racing
« Reply #4 on: 02/20/18, 09:17 PM »
looking good

Offline RacerRon13