Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
05/25/18, 09:27 AM

Author Topic: template painting problem  (Read 1358 times)

Offline cowboy

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 14
template painting problem
« on: 12/19/16, 04:09 AM »
Good Morning.
I have started to have this problem with PS2. As you can see the paint bucket
does not fill the template properly. I have only tried to fill the body part shown,if i use the bucket
on the other parts the effect is the same. it is not a solid fill off colour. I get these ragged edges.
I have tried all the settings i can find, but with no luck. I have also deleted and reinstalled PS2.
The template is from BigEvil. I would really appreciate any help, as i am thinking of next season car's.
Thank you.

Offline jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 194
Re: template painting problem
« Reply #1 on: 12/19/16, 10:05 AM »
It looks like to me your trying to fill the shading layer and not the body layer
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline cowboy

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #2 on: 12/19/16, 12:01 PM »
  Hi jopajoe.
The shading layer is turned off.

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 74
« Reply #3 on: 12/20/16, 11:21 AM »
Most, if not all, of the templates I've used, the body color is the bottom layer.  It looks like the mask layer at the top is selected and you're filling the "holes" in it.  Select the bottom layer and fill it with the paint bucket and see what happens.  We'll talk you through this.

Offline cowboy

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #4 on: 12/21/16, 02:32 PM »
Hey Skot71.
When i tired that the whole of the template square surround went a solid red.

Offline Krusty

• Mechanic
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #5 on: 12/22/16, 05:38 AM »
Show us a pic with the above but also include the layers so we can see what you chose to fill in.

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
« Reply #6 on: 12/22/16, 01:33 PM »
What type of file are you trying to paint?  I am assuming it is a layered PSD file.  Open your layer palette.  Make sure the layer that is selected is at the bottom of the list.  If you fill that layer, it should just show through all the layers above as a painted solid color car.  If you fill a layer, and the whole thing turns red, the selected layer is at the top of the list.  If that happens, drag that layer to the bottom of the list.

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
« Reply #7 on: 12/22/16, 01:44 PM »
Here's a screen cap of what I am talking about.  I have the latest version of Photoshop, and I'm on a Mac, but your version should be similar, and work just as good.  I had an Outlaw template on my computer here at work, so that's what I opened.  Notice on the layer palette at the right, I have selected the very bottom layer titled Color.  I used my paint bucket tool and clicked on that layer.  What you see in the pic is the result.

Offline cowboy

• Veteran Driver
« Reply #8 on: 12/23/16, 02:59 AM »
Morning Skot71.

That did it when i dragged the layer down it painted as it should. Why i have never had to
do that before, i don't know. Thank you very much.
PS.
Just by chance do you know if the 2017 Chevy SS is different to the 2016 template.
Once again thank you for your help.
Cheers.

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
« Reply #9 on: 12/23/16, 08:53 AM »
Glad that worked!!!  I use Photoshop at work daily, so don't hesitate to ask questions.  Not that I know it all, I probably know only 5% of what Photoshop is capable of, if that much.

On the 2017 vs. 2016, I don't know.  Hopefully someone will come along with a good answer.