Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
11/22/17, 11:38 PM

Author Topic: UPDATE - We Are NOT Shutting down Racin Grafix  (Read 12819 times)

Offline Robert Vining

• Administrator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 175
  • I'm All Jacked Up On Mountain Dew!
    • Roberts Web Design
UPDATE - We Are NOT Shutting down Racin Grafix
« on: 10/09/14, 09:00 AM »
 :singing: 
UPDATE: We are NOT Closing
:singing:

Hey guys,

It's been fun, but I don't have the time or desire to maintain this site any longer. Life has taken over.

If any of you want to take the entire site, including the downloads and find a new host for it, I'm happy to have that discussion. But it will have to be a unanimous decision by the admins of this site before we do something like that.

Keep in mind, this site averages 75 to 100 gigs of data transfer a month and there are currently 25 gigs of files here on the site.

The forum runs on SMF with Aeva Media for downloads. The Joomla site that is on the home page will not be included as its on an older version of Joomla that is not supported and I don't want to spend the 50+ hours it will take to migrate it to Joomla 3. It's not really been used for over 2 years now.

I'm looking to shut this down in the next 2 weeks. So if you have any ideas... feel free to speak up.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 02/22/15, 03:24 PM by Robert Vining »
Robert Vining, Owner
Racin Grafix
Racing Web Design

Offline skot71

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 73
Re: Shutting down Racin Grafix
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/14, 09:11 AM »
That's a sad thing, but family first.  I wish I had the knowledge and time to take it over, but I don't.  Thanks for the ride, Robert, and good luck to you.

Offline Gary Hamel

• Carset Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 16
« Reply #2 on: 10/09/14, 09:20 AM »
Good luck and thanks for everything u have done.

Online jopajoe

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 187
« Reply #3 on: 10/09/14, 09:20 AM »
 :-\ didn't see this coming shame to see the site go been here for a long time wish i knew how to run and maintain the site i've got the time to do but no idea on how to run it.
Thanks for the years Robert,
Joe
My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem

Offline DawsonvilleBill9

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 314
  • Just get 'er done!
« Reply #4 on: 10/09/14, 01:18 PM »
As like everybody else I haven't got a clue how to maintain a site like this so I guess this means the end of an era has arrived.  Thanks Robert for 7-8 years of good times and great memories. Maybe we'll cross paths again in the future. and goodbye to all the members and other staff who have shared this experience with me it's been a great ride!

Offline swingeasy

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 13
  • I've had a bad day !!!!
« Reply #5 on: 10/09/14, 03:07 PM »
I have the time too but have no idea how to run a site like this.  Robert, thanks for the opportunities you have given me here, letting me post my cars and all.  Good luck to you in the future and thanks for all you have done for the Nascar 2003 community.  God bless you, my friend!!!
NASCAR 2003, DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING MORE!!!!!

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!!

Offline Chadley

• Racin Grafix Painter
  • Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 26
    • Dakotagraph
« Reply #6 on: 10/09/14, 05:33 PM »
Sorry to hear this even though I've been away forever. Thanks to Robert mostly, but also to all of you guys who were part of my tenure here and all who have downloaded any of my cars and/or tracks. Have fun out there!

Offline dhenn

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 19
« Reply #7 on: 10/09/14, 05:56 PM »
Thanks ever so much for this forum. Very sad day indeed. I completley understand that family comes first. Many thanks to you for giving your time and energy over the years.... may god bless you and your family!!!!!

Offline Tommy Patton

• Veteran Driver
  • Coolness: 1
« Reply #8 on: 10/09/14, 07:08 PM »
Robert let me say first thanks so much  from my heart for the past years .in 2007 you took me in and help me get going with this game and help me become a great car  painter and made me a better driver which drove me to love this game .over the years I have seen this place grow so much do to all the people you have touched with this place plz keep in touch . Me and Rich have closed Dyno racing down do to the same reason .life has taken over . Ill never for get the great times here and also OSRL where we had some great racing and times . God bless you and the whole crew at RG

Tommy
former RG painter
and Friend
« Last Edit: 10/09/14, 09:37 PM by Tommy Patton »

Offline WoofGM

• Crew Chief
  • Coolness: 3
  • Sim Racing since 1994........
    • Nascar Design Grafx
« Reply #9 on: 10/10/14, 12:20 AM »
This is some sad news. But I understand Robert's reasoning, time constraints and Family. There is a vast amount of informative help and flies covering a wide variety of NR2K3 mods over the years. Would hope someone can step in to keep it running.
Keep Honking...................

I'm Still Reloading.............